Killzone 2 dev admits screenshots 'touched up'

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
MGS4 and FF XIII will make me happy my brother got a PS3 :p

Speaking of misleading game footage, I was really agitated by the pre-rendered scenes that Activision tried to pass off as gameplay for the Call of Duty 2: Big Red One T.V. commercials.
Don't worry. They were actually hauled to court for that and they were ordered to take the ad down. I don't think people will do that again.

I've seen the E3 video and it looks ass.

I saw it also. I personally thought it looked very nice (although I admit about the black and white complaint).

And now I'm hearing that the game was running at 1-2 FPS, and was speed up.

Ok, I agree this is something worth arguing about. Games could be made to look like Transformers or something, but just speed up the footage so it looks like the PS3 can handle it.

Finally, I have to say I also agree with you on the Big Red One. I've seen the ads for that, kinda rediculous that they tried to pass that for footage.

The game wasn't sped up, it was running in real time. Journalists played it. Stop making shit up.

the first trailer, the pre rendered one that was amazing and everyone was wondering was it ingame or not( to which we know now it wasn't) was sped up from what i have read.

Don't know why people are blaming Sony, it's the developers that touched the pics up. It's a shoddy practice in the business though that really should be stopped. At least Guerilla had the guts to admit it.

This must happen to at least 99.9% of all screenshots released
I wouldn't be surprised

This must happen to at least 99.9% of all screenshots released
I wouldn't be surprised
Yeah, who could forget that early HL2 screenshot which was clearly photoshopped:

hl2th3.jpg

Rofl :LOL:

Yeah, I doubt that 99% of screenshots are photoshopped, but surely quite a few are.

the first trailer, the pre rendered one that was amazing and everyone was wondering was it ingame or not( to which we know now it wasn't) was sped up from what i have read.

It's pre-rendered and the entire trailer was probably put togeter in 3DSMax or Maya or something like that.

Which means each frame probably took a few minutes to render. And considering the trailer was probably recorded at 24 FPS, that's a whole lot of rendering time. So yea, I guess you could say it was "sped up". But then so is like Lord of the Rings, Shrek, etc :p I know with Lord of the Rings, frames took around 6 hours each to render.

At least they are not like Valve using cut beta images on their box art and website that's more misleading.

Don't know why people are blaming Sony, it's the developers that touched the pics up. It's a shoddy practice in the business though that really should be stopped. At least Guerilla had the guts to admit it.

Because sony owns guerilla.

I doubt Sony forced them to correct their images, especially as it seems to be an industry norm.

Back