King Kong Demo tomorrow!!!

Reaction score
Wow. I wasn't all that excited about this game until I read the review of the demo--it sounds awesome and hopefully will run like a dream on my PC. Can't wait for 8am!!!

Full Story found here.

I'm going to get laid 3 times in my sleep tomorrow night if that runs decently on my computer.

You can see that I'm not going to be enjoying this demo. :(
The game looks pretty cool and you guys with good computers better post a review.

Going to be another consolized POS...
But from the demo review it sounds really fun, So I'll give it a chance.

Made by the people who made Beyond Good and Evil. And the word 'consolized' only works if it was a PC game to start with. Just feel lucky that you get it at all on the PC.

Just beat it and I gotta say that the sequence with the main character is great but king kong isn't all that snazzy. It is a bit of a button masher when you play with kong and feels like lord of the ring return to the king game play, if you know what I mean.

hmmm... it was very short, i liked the sense of action and urgency in the Kong parts and it felt like I was reallt powerful, the FPS part was a little weak, all you have to do is run around in a circle from the T-rex, and I didn;t like not having either a jump button or a sprint button... eh, it was alright, good for a couple minutes, but I dunno if i'd buy the whole game... the graphics were alright

Last One In said:
Great enviroment though-really felt like a jungle
true, i liked how they handled the rain, looked like a really intense storm

I was really impressed. Ran great, looked beautiful, was fun, and loaded so quick I assumed I was watching a cutscene at first.

yea that was a great demo, made me looking for more

This doesn't work for me. I click the icon and I get a black screen with the sound in the background.

I've tried every setting in the options.

wow this was one big surprise. heard of it, but never cared. this is a must buy. nice

Direwolf said:
I was really impressed. Ran great, looked beautiful, was fun, and loaded so quick I assumed I was watching a cutscene at first.

So did I.

Very nice looking game, beat the kong part but ran out of ammo on the other part, cant seem to pick up spears.

jocky68 said:
Very nice looking game, beat the kong part but ran out of ammo on the other part, cant seem to pick up spears.
E - Pickup
You can't kill it, you hafta run. Just get its attention, and then avoid getting hit (Hide etc.) intill the door is open.

wtf is this...the mouse keeps moving to the left when Im not even doing anything..meaning my guy keeps slowly spinning around. Its an extremely annoying bug and makes the game unplayable for me.

Zeus said:
wtf is this...the mouse keeps moving to the left when Im not even doing anything..meaning my guy keeps slowly spinning around. Its an extremely annoying bug and makes the game unplayable for me.
I had the same problem just unplug your joystick or any usb controller you have. Your welcome:D

when i start it up, the ubisoft logo plays for a second, than stops and i can see artifacts and so on .. i reset my video card's clock frequencies and reinstalled my drivers and it still doesn't work, and every other game is fine.

More like lol starforce has been installed. :|

yeah, there was some dodgy ubisoft protection thing installed .. gah, i want to play :x

Curious what are the system requirements? Game videos look great on ign, im downloading it as we speak at 400kb :-D

W00t, that was fun. The graphics suffer a bit polygonwise, but the art direction and effects are so good it's easy to forget about it. Playing as king kong was definetly more fun, but both sides were interesting. Very satisfied overall, I might get this!

Just had a go and I gotta say the game looks great and played well. Not having much in the way of an interface certainly immersed me.

Wow, That was pretty fun... Although I can't get by the second Kong part... Can't lift that ****ing pillar to get to the two rexes.
Always wondered who would win in a fight.
Kong or Rex.

You lift the pillar with right click, and then click it repeatedly to shove it away.

Direwolf said:
You lift the pillar with right click, and then click it repeatedly to shove it away.
Been doing that for 20 minutes. :|

Yes, I have a lot of time to kill.

wow kong is one strong mofo...taking on 2 t rex...Im actually surprised how matched the t rex strength is to kongs...its pretty good

I downloaded the game earlier, played it real quick before I left. I played as Kong, boy oh boy... the fighting is real intense. His finishing moves are real aggressive it's amazing. The overall mood feels real cinematic to me... nice scenery and all that.

Back