King of the Hill

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
is pretty decent.

I haven't played TF2 for a while, so I jumped on a 24/7 KOTH server this morning and had a lot of fun. I'm starting to have a blast with these vertical maps. I love being a pyro or a scout and knock people off high ledges. IT'S SO EXHILARATING.

I'm playing on this server right now. 69.12.108.93:27015

Watch out for Raj; he's kinda annoying.

KOTH is an awesome gamemode. Hopefully that's not just the 'It's new!' talking.

KOTH is an awesome gamemode. Hopefully that's not just the 'It's new!' talking.
Well, when Arena mode was released, I wasn't all too pleased, and I still don't like playing that mode too often. However, the exact opposite can be said for KOTH.

oh that's what KOTH means... I figured they were some clan server or something.

Must play!

I've enjoyed it a great deal so far. Maybe that's just because it's good for adapting Arena specific maps that, while good maps, are still Arena maps (I'm not hating on Arena, it's just not typically my taste with the exception of Lumberyard and Ravine). Also, Viaduct is awesome.

Man I still haven't gotten around to ****ing testing out the new TF2 release at all.

God dammit.

I hate Viaduct. All the action is concentrated around one location with six useful attack locations, three for each side, and all the attack locations can attack all the other attack locations. It's a messy map and it doesn't play very well.

KOTH is Arena with respawns, which is one of the many reasons i hate the cap in Arena.

I hate Viaduct. All the action is concentrated around one location with six useful attack locations, three for each side, and all the attack locations can attack all the other attack locations. It's a messy map.

That's why I like it... :(

I like the King of the Hill mode, but I experience lag while I'm playing on Viaduct because it's quite a small map and I usually play with 32 other people. I love the design of the map, though; snow spread around everywhere, and buildings with windows to fire from - and the hats for the Heavy really fit with the environment! I just wish I had one.

Sawmill is a good map as well, but you have to watch out for those sawblades! I've been careless a couple of times and got myself killed, silly me.

i hate the cap in Arena.

People like you shouldn't be playing Arena. The cap in Arena can drastically turn the game and more people need to learn to cap it. I'm sick of playing games where a whole team just runs around looking for one person rather than capping.

I like KOTH, but I would certainly like it more, if you had to hold the point for more than just 3 mins. Longer rounds are better, imo.

I've found it to be really damn fun. I was never a massive fan of Nucleus but the KOTH version makes it a lot more fun. Viaduct & Sawmill are pretty enjoyable too, which I can't really say about any of the arena maps. I don't think it worked particularly well and that kind of reflects in the community & servers.

Its not like its that long of a wait. If it bothers you so much, don't die.

Just had an awesome, intense KotH moment.

My team was down to the final seconds in Nucleus and we managed to make some headway in capturing the point before time was up so we went into overtime. Eventually we captured the point and we had to hold off the other team for 1:30 to win. And let me say that was an intense 1:30 because they were throwing everything they had to getting that CP back. With 10 seconds left remaining on our countdown timer, they began to capture the point so we rushed the CP with a heavy and a pyro and took them out before they could capture and win. Holding out for the little time remaining was simple and we won! :D

That's what I love about KotH. Incredibly tense moments (in good games, at least) and all battle focused around one field of fire.

I like king of the hill. I disagree with the comparisons, to arena, though. Both modes take place on similar, smallish maps and have short rounds relative to cp, ctf, payload, etc. They have completely different dynamics, though. KotH is holding off a constant onslaught (or being a constant onslaught), where arena is about survival and elimination. Both are strategic in different ways: KotH focuses on a high-level objective and arena places a high value on staying alive.

Personally, I still like arena more, but KotH and arena complement each other nicely.

Back