Kotaku's Impressions of PS3 Orange Box

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Kotaku has posted their Impressions for the PS3 version of The Orange Box, it's a less harsh preview than 1Up's. It looks like the game do have some issues but it still plays quite well.

Now that all that frame rate and lighting nonsense is out of the way, how does The Orange Box play? Quite well, actually. As a big fan of the Half-Life series, I'm willing to forgive the odd quibble, but wouldn't want anything to interfere with my experience. Episode Two, so far, has been great fun, exploring a handful of new mechanics and adding interesting set pieces to the series. Using the SIXAXIS for control works quite well, even if I'm not totally in tune with the default controller mapping. Normally, I play my Valve games on the PC, as I have already done with Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal and Team Fortress 2, but I found the console version to be just as enjoyable.

You can read the the first preview here. expect the second volume tomorrow.

Sounds sketchy. I'd rather live it on life.

Sounds Sketchy, I'd rather play it on the Amstrad CPC.

My friend will be happy to hear this.

Hopefully many PS3 owners will be opened up to Valve and the Half life universe.

Sounds Sketchy, I'd rather play it on a 486 :p

Hopefully many PS3 owners will be opened up to Valve and the Half life universe

Yes, lets not forget that PS2 owners actually got the original HL, so I think they pretty much know about the HL universe

Yes, lets not forget that PS2 owners actually got the original HL, so I think they pretty much know about the HL universe
Did they get Half Life 2? No.

I should point out I refer to the source games.

Sounds sketchy, I'd rather still use me mousey.

Back