KRATOS!!!

played the first "chapter" today
blown away by it. although the gameplay's a little bit simplistic compared to something like Bayonetta, the presentation and polish is more than enough to keep me hooked
I can't really talk about it without spoiling too much but the opening segment is incredible

Just defeated Hades. That was epic. Took about 15 attempts tbh. I have a feeling I missed some areas back near the Underworld. Just arrived in
Olympia
so guess I can't go back.

So can we talk about the ending??

So Kraots is presumably dead? But he is lying at an angle to the sword of olympus with blood connecting them and each is on the side of a big bird etched in the ground of the mountain. What the hell does any of this mean? Surely it can't just end here!

Also, I beat it on Normal, but didn't pick up all of the godly possessions. If I go back to separate saves and collect them, do I get the trophy or do they all have to be gotten during one complete playthrough? Ideas?
Man what an awesome game.

beat it last night
I don't usually use the word but GOW3 is truly EPIC!

he's alive. watch the end of the end credits!

I'm having a really weird problem with this game;

I just got to the bit where you fight the big stone men with the hammers, but after i kill them you go down some steps and fly through a hole but then the next area doesn't render properly. It's all the same texture rendered about a gajillion times. Also at this point my character goes blurry and i see like 5 Kratos'.

Anyone else having an glitchy problems with this game? I know i'm not that far in, but i don't want to have to play again up to here :(

QTE's ruined it for me, not fun cruising your eyes along the edge of the screen while something awesome is happening.

QTE's ruined it for me, not fun cruising your eyes along the edge of the screen while something awesome is happening.

That was one of the reasons they put the button presses on the edge of the screen in the first place. You don't even have to look directly at them, as they correspond with the button's location on the controller. Use your peripheral vision.

That was one of the reasons they put the button presses on the edge of the screen in the first place. You don't even have to look directly at them, as they correspond with the button's location on the controller. Use your peripheral vision.

This.

Also, Kratos cares about
Pandora?
Why? Coz he
wants redemption for killing his daughter

That shit better be explained in the end. Fighting the final boss now.

This.

Also, Kratos cares about
Pandora?
Why? Coz he
wants redemption for killing his daughter

That shit better be explained in the end. Fighting the final boss now.

Yeah...about that...

I completed all the challenges. Seriously, 2 of them where ridiculously ****ing hard.

After playing this game I'm so glad I spent a fortune on plasma display and not get some cheap shitty lcd with fullhd printed on the side. I gave the game to my friend and he has some cheap LG lcd and the game looked god damn awful in it. I mean really the difference was like looking at HL1 and HL2 side by side.

Finished it yesterday and already replaying. Gameplay-wise the God of War formula is perfected. Some seem to find that formula appalling, but for me this trilogy has closed off to be one of the most entertaining I have ever played. It's great to see such a talented developer outdo themselves time and time again, they're really some of the best when it comes to excellence in just about every area of design.

The second is still my favourite though. As cinema-rivalling beautiful as 3 may be, none of the locations interested me as much as those in 2. I kept expecting somewhere as awe inspiring as The Island of Fates to show up, but the story kept bouncing up and down Mount Olympus, which limits what can be done with the locations. The boss battles even it out though, the Hades fight is gonna be hard to top for best boss battle of this year.

Interesting shot after the credits too. Is Kratos still alive or was he dragged away by someone/something?
If you look closely Kratos dies on a symbol of a phoenix.

I'm confused about something else bros.

Was Hercules the brother mentioned in one of the teaser featurettes in the extras of GoW1, or has he been scrapped/yet to be revealed?

If you look closely Kratos dies on a symbol of a phoenix.

I'm confused about something else bros.

Was Hercules the brother mentioned in one of the teaser featurettes in the extras of GoW1, or has he been scrapped/yet to be revealed?

Not sure what you're asking, but

Hercules was the son of the Roman god Jupiter (Zeus' equivalent), in Greek mythology he was 'Heracles', which is a shit name.

Heracles would be the son of Zeus, so yes, he would be Kratos' brother from another mother.

Sorry if that's a captain obvious answer, i haven't seen the GoW1 teaser, so i don't know if that's relevant.

Seems cool but

So Zeus killed him but he came back with hope? So can't he just hope himself back to life after impaling himself?

Also, the job isn't done until Athena is finished for good, she's just as power hungry as Zeus, she played Kratos to overthrow Zeus so that she could take power.

I assume that "you should have chosen the other one" is a reference to him as well.

I just finished it and it is a really good game that I thoroughly enjoyed....until the ending :|

I'm sorry but for me that ending was the "fahrenheit moment" that whole thing just seemed so out of place to me. I'm pissed and I just don't have the strength to right anymore about it but I am really not happy. Really not :flame:

Yeah it was a pretty wired. But come on,

pounding away on Zeus face till your screen is completely red, was awesome. I didn't get that I could pretty much stop whenever I wanted to.

yeah that was awesome I was
pounding for about 5 minutes straight until I thought what happens if i stop :LOL:

I really liked the game and it was really good but my god that ending had such a mind**** on me so bad I haven't experienced anything like it since the matrix reloaded and that is NOT a good thing >_>

Now that it is morning and I have the strength to ***** about stuff I will :p

(okay I copied it from gamefaqs after I typed it so it might read a little funny) :|

K I finished god of war 3 last nigth and at first I HATED the ending but after thinking about it, it does make more sense. Now instead I feel mixed.

Kratos killing himself I have no problem with, if anything it is fitting. Plus what do you expect kratos to do after effectively destroying the world by accident?

The problem I DO HAVE is Pandora's box and Athena. This thing has become the biggest example in recent games I can think of of a Deus Ex Machina. The terrible thing is is that as I think about it apart from the ending Athena contributed NOTHING to this game apart from the ending. If athena was written out of the ending then I really don't think this game would have suffered it would have been BETTER. Kratos could have killed himself out of remorse for pandora's death and of the completion of his vengeance; he had no reason to live anymore anyway. He could have jumped off the cliff and paralleled nicely with god of war 1. That sounds like a better ending to me.

The problem though is Athena IS in the game and the pandora's box "infecting the gods thing" was stupid. It's too out of place with what god of war had defined before and seemes awfully selective (why was athena affected only AFTER she died). We already knew that pandora's box had hope and the world's evil in it but none of the prior games ever established this sort of effect it would have and so seems like a cop out. ESPECIALLY when your main villain's motivations for being a villain suddenyl comes down to "whoops it was an accident from the first game." Plus we have the problem of taking literal with metaphorical.

In the LITERAL sense fear infected zeus and hope was buried in kratos but at the same time pandora's box works in a metaphorical sense too. If all the evil of the world was contained in the box then why was there wars and murder and stuff in god of war 1 before it was first opened. This might seem like useless conjecture but the fact that pandora's box has to now deal with concepts in BOTH a literal AND metaphorical sense in again a sign of bad writing and plot convenience (again a deus ex machina).

The last thing is Kratos dealing with hope and fear and redeeming himself. For me this was mixed, I appreciated kratos obviously redeeming himself but his reversal seemed too quick with most of it only taking place in the last hour of the game anyway once he meets pandora. If it was established abit earlier it wouldn't have appeared so forced.

Yeah seeing how he dealt with poseidons princess only to be super nice to pandora feelt out of place... Still though, it was ****ing awesome.

yeah especially when he kept saying to her about how hope is useless and all that stuff :|

But yeah I did still like the game alot; it is awesome :)

still feel burned though :(

Agreed. The story had alot of plotholes imo. This guy's post on neogaf summed up alot of my feelings:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20332789&postcount=54

Also, lack of more Titans ftl!!

btw, completed my second playthrough in 6 hours on Titan using the Godly Possessions :p

Who was everyone's fav boss-fight? Mine was Hades. The setting, the music, Hades' character design. Was awesome.

Just came to my mind that did they actually show how all the titans died? I can't recall how the lightning one of the fire one died. Unless poseidon killed the first and the fire one died because of kratos hitting him with the sword...

I'd say hades. And the most disapointing being Hermes.

Took me a really long time to play it trough, I started straight off with Titan.

They never really made it clear whether Oceanus or Perses died, but I think its pretty likely all of the Titans got screwed over.

Yeah it was a pretty wired. But come on,

pounding away on Zeus face till your screen is completely red, was awesome. I didn't get that I could pretty much stop whenever I wanted to.

I didn't know that you could stop whenever, I thought you just had to stop when it went all red. It seems like they were trying to make you vent all Kratos' hate on Zeus...but to me it was just the 8+ hours of conditioning I had of "Press X not to die" that spurred me to hit the button until something happened.

Back