L4D DLC first look

Lol, I love how you say "Two new campaigns"...I'd just say "the two extra that shoulda been there"

Oh well :p

Aw I was hoping they'd fix the flashlights so your team-mates' ones work the same as your own.

I wish they would also. I hate spectating in 3rd person, then they walk into a dark room, WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!??

I wonder if they do that for performance.

Even so it should be an option for machines that can handle it.

Well Valve could have atleast give us infected vision for spectating. I don't think the Source Engine can handle more than 1 flashlight due to it's shadowing system.

Is it just me who thinks the "Survival mode" seem a bit lame? All it's seems is a crescendo moment were you fight against the clock. It reminds me of arena mode from Sin Episode 1. I was hoping for something better. 1 crappy mode and VS maps that should have been in from the start, not interested at all.

Good find. It's looking pretty damn nice. As for the flashlight issue, I'm sure somebody sent an email to Valve about it and they recieved a reply. It was something simple like "Until our users have more advanced graphical hardware." I can't give a link unfortunately.

Well Valve could have atleast give us infected vision for spectating. I don't think the Source Engine can handle more than 1 flashlight due to it's shadowing system.

Is it just me who thinks the "Survival mode" seem a bit lame? All it's seems is a crescendo moment were you fight against the clock. It reminds me of arena mode from Sin Episode 1. I was hoping for something better. 1 crappy mode and VS maps that should have been in from the start, not interested at all.

I just don't understand how you can rightfully judge a new gameplay mode from a couple of 30sec or less videos. Have you played the new mode?

I'm excited, I can't wait though til they do something more creative with the game modes, but it really doesn't bother me that this isn't a huge change for the game. But then again I was one of those who got it in the 50% off weekend :p. Is it pretty much the same? Yea well kinda, just like the arena update was a lot of the same for tf2...but then we saw payload. I'm sure this is only a hint of good things to come.

I wonder if Survival can be in versus mode also....
HMMM.

You haven't even played it but yet you have no second thought as to critisizing it blatantly. Seriously, are you retarded? I'm done being Mr. nice guy, its near impossible to hold back on the 'insults' when you see stupidity of the magnitude you just demonstrated...

You haven't even played it but yet you have no second thought as to critisizing it blatantly. Seriously, are you retarded? I'm done being Mr. nice guy, its near impossible to hold back on the 'insults' when you see stupidity of the magnitude you just demonstrated...

It's been done before. You think that survival mode is something revolutionary? Many games have done it before, that's how i know what to expect from it.
And from what i've read it's nothing special. 1 small new level that's it. Excuse me for finding it hard to get excited over this.

Cool, Lighthouse looks pretty fun - with a large variety of options for sitting and killing em' zombies!

Sounds good that they did a similar thing with the CP maps on TF2 - turning them into Arena. Instead turning the campaign ones into Survival :D

I was somewhat disappointed that cp_lumberyard never appeared.

I hope that we may get a campaign featuring the lighthouse at some point. Hope.

The more I'm looking at Survivor, the more I'm liking it. I can't wait.

It's been done before. You think that survival mode is something revolutionary? Many games have done it before, that's how i know what to expect from it.
And from what i've read it's nothing special. 1 small new level that's it. Excuse me for finding it hard to get excited over this.

The zombie apocalypse shooter is about as far from revolutionary as you can get, but Valve still managed to make it awesome and nearly infinitely re-playable. I'm with Fiberawptic on this one - how about you wait to play it before poo-pooing?

Infected vision is just a filtered, permenantly on flashlight that doesn't move around with your arms.

Survivor looks like it's just seeing how quick you can make it through, or maybe how long you can survive... i can't telll.

Yea, so you care more about the impact the DLC would have on other games over the course of time, rather than the quality and pure fun of the DLC itself? You said "it isn't revolutionary", so you're implying you just want it to be something that would change the way games are made in the future? Since when was DLC supposed to be revolutionary or groundbreaking altogether? Its not, the point is to get more fresh content in for people to enjoy and have fun with. And seeing how its not released, you have no right in saying its bad, other than free speech...

Visually, the lighthouse is great. The gameplay also looks pretty good (especially if the church is one of the survival arenas, HELL YES).

Back