L4D Easter Eggs

I just posted this in the Aliens Mod thread, but it belongs here even more-

One of zoey's lines is "Game over, man! Game Over!"- a direct quote from Bill Paxton's character Pvt. Hudson in Aliens (sequel to Alien). I love that line, I love the Alien movies, and I love that little easter egg every time I hear it.

There is the empty no-texture level bug...

Are you talking about how the infected can get to parts of the map where nodraw textures have been applied?

That's not so much a bug as overzealous optimization by the dev team. I am a fair bit disappointed that when playing as an infected, there are many areas that are easily reachable that are unfinished-looking and really break the atmosphere. Sort of violently reminds you that you're playing a game when three faces of a building are textured and the last wall is invisible.

Are you talking about how the infected can get to parts of the map where nodraw textures have been applied?

That's not so much a bug as overzealous optimization by the dev team. I am a fair bit disappointed that when playing as an infected, there are many areas that are easily reachable that are unfinished-looking and really break the atmosphere. Sort of violently reminds you that you're playing a game when three faces of a building are textured and the last wall is invisible.

Imho the believability is all there for the Survivor's sake, the Infected basically ARE the computer and they ARE playing a game. I agree though that it is annoying to have unfinished areas, but there's plenty of that when playing as infected - vent systems for instance are filled with rooms for no friggin' reason other than to connect to other vents. It's all gameplay stuff.

On a sidenote, did you know that the Infected nightvision is just a modified flashlight? Hit f!

I just posted this in the Aliens Mod thread, but it belongs here even more-

One of zoey's lines is "Game over, man! Game Over!"- a direct quote from Bill Paxton's character Pvt. Hudson in Aliens (sequel to Alien). I love that line, I love the Alien movies, and I love that little easter egg every time I hear it.

Yeah love that reference too! :) :thumbs:

I don't think anyone has noticed this, at the first Safe house on Dead Air, the kitchen of the hotel, on the wall it says 'Its nothing but Dead Air' obviously a reference to the title like some James Bond films etc do.

Imho the believability is all there for the Survivor's sake, the Infected basically ARE the computer and they ARE playing a game. I agree though that it is annoying to have unfinished areas, but there's plenty of that when playing as infected - vent systems for instance are filled with rooms for no friggin' reason other than to connect to other vents. It's all gameplay stuff.

On a sidenote, did you know that the Infected nightvision is just a modified flashlight? Hit f!

It comes right back on! Hit "F" repeatedly and you have no flashlight....

Bah, my finger is more useful in my butt.

Harbor View Hotel is one of my favorite locations in the game. It's brilliant.

No, I'm talking about this bug.

Has anyone experienced a bug where you press F while using a mounted gattling gun and the flashlight spazzing out and turning on and off non-stop?

It's a Minigun, a modern and fully automatic firearm that looks like a Gatling Gun. Not a Gatling Gun.

And I'm not sure if this counts as an easter egg but this gives an idea of when Left 4 Dead is set:
dateinmemoryde5.jpg

*Gasp!* That's just four days past my birthday!

Holy ****, my name is Kyle!

But ha, there's no way I would die in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, I'm just too badass.

I declare this October Zombie Awareness Month.

great... I get to celebrate my b-day with probable death...

In one of the Dead Air safe houses, I lol'd pretty hard at
"We are the real mosters"
"No, that's the zombies"

Also at
"What if this was First Contact?"
"What if you're an idiot?"

Back