L4D file tree with main menu screen revealed.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
You will need Adobe to view them:
http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2008/GDC 2008_CrossPlatformDevelopment.pdf
Page 20 is the file tree. On page 78 it appears that is the main menu with the Hospital mission skyline. I think it changes the menu screen like HL2 does each time you load the game up. D: All credit goes to [HL2.net] AciD for finding this! THANK YOU ACID!
capturewl5.jpg
93637506ys3.jpg

Quick somebody d/l it or get a DVD burner with DVD! :naughty:
Wondering what is on that other screen? Acid showed what was on it:
pic_sw_gs_02.jpg

Steam is gonna get some major updates in the next few months! Like the look of it already. "Map: Survival Pit" Skirmish mode? "Difficulty: Wimpy" Lol at Doom difficulty level names.

Ok, I take back what I said.

The lobby looks awesome! The main menu looks like any other Valve game though. Oh well!

Why does the lobby have red team and blue team, each with six slots?

Probably just doing some debug stuff, and playing with the gameplay strength vs players.

who's the guy on page 6 meant to be?

It's Alberto Gonzales, former US Attorney General. Putting him as "limited memory" was quite witty. If you don't know why, just search his name on google and I'm sure you'll come up with plenty of stuff on him.

Edit: Here.
Gonzales authored a controversial memo in January of 2002 that explored whether Article III of the Geneva Convention applied to Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters captured in Afghanistan and held in detention facilities around the world, including Camp X-Ray in Guant?namo Bay, Cuba. The memo made several arguments both for and against providing Article III protection to Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters. He concluded that Article III was outdated and ill-suited for dealing with captured Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters. He described as "quaint" the provisions that require providing captured Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters "commissary privileges, scrip, athletic uniforms, and scientific instruments". He also argued that existing military regulations and instructions from the President were more than adequate to ensure that the principles of the Geneva Convention would be applied. He also argued that undefined language in the Geneva Convention, such as "outrages upon personal dignity" and "inhuman treatment", could make officials and military leaders subject to the War Crimes Act of 1996 if mistreatment was discovered.

In 2004, when this memo was leaked to the press, Gonzales said about the memo in Senate confirmation hearings that "… I don't recall today whether or not I was in agreement with all of the analysis, but I don't have a disagreement with the conclusions then reached by the department."

thanks for that.

from Wikipedia:
Gonzales authored a controversial memo in January of 2002 that explored whether Article III of the Geneva Convention applied to Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters captured in Afghanistan and held in detention facilities around the world, including Camp X-Ray in Guant?namo Bay, Cuba. The memo made several arguments both for and against providing Article III protection to Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters. He concluded that Article III was outdated and ill-suited for dealing with captured Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters. He described as "quaint" the provisions that require providing captured Al-Qaeda and Taliban fighters "commissary privileges, scrip, athletic uniforms, and scientific instruments". He also argued that existing military regulations and instructions from the President were more than adequate to ensure that the principles of the Geneva Convention would be applied. He also argued that undefined language in the Geneva Convention, such as "outrages upon personal dignity" and "inhuman treatment", could make officials and military leaders subject to the War Crimes Act of 1996 if mistreatment was discovered.[10]

In 2004, when this memo was leaked to the press, Gonzales said about the memo in Senate confirmation hearings that "? I don't recall today whether or not I was in agreement with all of the analysis, but I don't have a disagreement with the conclusions then reached by the department."

Back