L4D Stutterbug

Jintor

Didn't Get Temp-Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only person who is still getting this? L4D suddenly freezes on a single sound-loop, whatever I am currenlty hearing at the moment. Sometimes solved by cntrol-alt-deleting out of the program and switching back, but often not. This neccessitates an entire reconnect to the freaking server. IT'S ALSO VERY ANNOYING.

Goddamnit I've never stutterbugged on any other Valve product. Wtf is going on?

Yep this is a bug with most of the 18x.xx drivers from nvidia. To fix this, either disable 'multicore rendering' in the advanced video options, or update your drivers to the latest 182.05 beta drivers, which fixes this.

Oooh, new drivers? I just rolled back to 178.xx, I guess I'll go upgrade 'em. Thanks for the hot tip!

I have this problem too, but i'm using an AGP ATI 3850HD. I don't have to restart the game though, it just happens for about 5 seconds, almost always in the first 5 minutes of playing my first game and then not again. Still annoying

Ok, so new drivers didn't prevent stutterbug crash. GAH

Haha, I use to get this all the time with The Orange Box.

But now I play it on the Xbox 360, no stutter bug for me! :)

The 182.05 betas don't stutter for me, which is nice considering I don't want to sacrifice performance in some of the newer games anymore just because L4D won't budge.

Ok, so new drivers didn't prevent stutterbug crash. GAH

I had the same problem really bad & I found this solution. In launching options put in +mat_queue_mode 0 That will shut down one of your cores. I've never had the studder problem since I've added that.

Bugger Jin :( Have you tried yelling intense aussie curse words at the screen whilst frustratingly pulling your hair out? That could work yes?

Also, HOLY SHIT Ms. RED! WELCOME BACK FROM OBLIVION GIRL!

No, it turned out for some bizarre reason when I installed my Beta drivers they didn't install. I reinstalled them again today and everything is working like a dream.

Also, HOLY SHIT Ms. RED! WELCOME BACK FROM OBLIVION GIRL!

I've been popping in from time to time to read. I've been busy getting started in a new position at my job!

That's great everything is working for you now Jintor. Glad to hear it.

Since the thread is now defunct, what's yer job now Reddie?

Red, that launch command is simply entering a console command as the game launches. And it's exactly the same as disabling 'multicore rendering' in the advanced video options.

Since the thread is now defunct, what's yer job now Reddie?

Switching to Radiology as a receptionist. Went from Pharmacy clerk (11 years) to Call Center service rep (7 years) to Radiology.

Red, that launch command is simply entering a console command as the game launches. And it's exactly the same as disabling 'multicore rendering' in the advanced video options.

Hmmm ok, I coulda swore I had that set on disable & it didn't work.

Back