Lag Issues

sryans

Reaction score
Recently, as part as the Steam sale, I purchased counterstrike source due to the fact that I have loved every other Valve game I've played. And while the game itself is incredibly fun, I have had trouble with lag. I have a 256K DSL modem, does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I assume you have good performance on other online games, and know to join servers that have a low ping etc?

Yea I know to join servers with low ping and with other online games I'm at the low end of the spectrum but in CS:S I seem to be the laggiest person in servers when my computer will work fine on Half Life Deathmatch and the like.

Are you sure that your computer can handle CS:S? What are your system specs? That would help a little more on the issue.

Well I will need to look at a manual to see my specs (I am freaking horrible with computers.) But I can run Half Life 2 without any problem

Try re-installing it, or join low ping servers. But most of the time when you just install it and just started to play it on servers. It will lag for some time, so the best thing to do is live with the lag for some time and let the lag go away slowly.

May I know exactly how long did you play the game? And does it lag when you play with bots? Or does it lag only when you play on servers?

Now it's saying my steam account has been disabled for some reason. Anyone know why? I haven't ever pirated a game or anything.

Now it's saying my steam account has been disabled for some reason. Anyone know why? I haven't ever pirated a game or anything.

Haha, it's probably because you're a retard in some way, got reported and valve manually disabled your account, but anyway, look here.
Steam Support article

Back