LCD & Refresh Rate

DimitriPopov

Reaction score
Does refresh rate actually limit your FPS in games , what is In your opinion the best refresh rate?

I ask because I ordered an LCD and I want to be sure that the Refresh rate isnt going to be a limit to my computer , thanks.

yes... what i have read says it does.... that is why im investing in a monitor with a 16 ms refresh time. 16ms monitors can display 62.5 fps, making games playable.. under that is ok.. but you sometimes get ghosting. go to www.tomshardware.com for more info on this. im getting the Viewsonic VP171b, which is around $500 but there are others that arent so expensive like BenQ monitors (www.benq.com).

LCD for gaming ? Forget about it.

I got this 18 inch LCD this christmas and i was soo pissed...
It was actually pretty good in warcraft but when it came to FPS games like counter strike it was horrible..why because it was casting Shadows when you move the weapon around..and i felt like i was using my old grandmas TV.. thats why i got a refund on it and came back to my 19 inch regular

some are not that bad.

ive got a cheapo unbranded 17" for £200 bout 340$ and its fine, max refresh of 75hz, but if you want proness go CRT. try syncing the LCD Hz to fps it smooths out the image alot

Well I plugged in my LCD , and its cool , its size is great. But I like the flexability and stability of my CRT more. Color depends on angles , resolution is set in stone , refresh rate is limited as well. Thanks guys for the help though.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Well I plugged in my LCD , and its cool , its size is great. But I like the flexability and stability of my CRT more. Color depends on angles , resolution is set in stone , refresh rate is limited as well. Thanks guys for the help though.

yeah, works fine with windows but when it comes to games/./heh

Back