Left 4 Dead 2 Questions What would you ask?

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
If you were interviewing Valve about Left 4 Dead 2 what would be your questions? While there has been many interviews and many questions have been answered I am curious what you would ask. We have not had a interview with Valve yet so we might use your questions.

Thanks for the support.

Here are a few questions I would ask about Left 4 Dead 2:

1. 'How many new weapons will be introduced into the game?'
  2. 'Will the original characters from Left 4 Dead re-appear in L4D2?'
  3. 'Will the story be more relevant to the gameplay?'
  4. 'Will there be any new achievements added into L4D2?'
  5. 'What is the average time to complete a campaign in L4D2?'

'Will there be any new achievements added into L4D2?'

Well this is an obvious yes.

"Will L4D owners be getting some sort of half off deal when we purchase L4D2?"
"Will the demo be permanent instead of a week-long(two weeks?) thing?"

"When will you be releasing Half-Life 2: Epsiode 3?"

Will there be a new intro movie, or even one for each campaign?

Any chance of re-naming the title Left 4 Dead: New Orleans with a cheaper price tag?

Any chance of re-naming the title Left 4 Dead: New Orleans with a cheaper price tag?

Yeah, because L4D2 is exactly the same as L4D apart from the setting. Right on!

Will there be a new intro movie, or even one for each campaign?
I'm pretty sure they've said there will be more intro movies at some point. Something about each campaign having them too. I think.

Oh yes, clearly this game has less content than Left 4 Dead and is worthy of a cheaper price.

Yes, lets have the pro-L4D 2 curb stompers come out now. It has been cited multiple times from news sites, such as Kotaku
When we first went hands-on with the Steam version of Left 4 Dead 2 at E3, we felt that the title felt awfully similar to the original.

Anyways if Valve truly listens to what their fans say, then Valve wouldn't make a stupid statement like
Valve has said that the 30,000-plus members of the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott group "didn't change our plans at all".
The group now is over 60k strong but Valve also has a reputation to listening to the community, not ignoring them. If I were to make an interview, I would address HL2: Episode 3 or even HL3 and the L4D 2 Boycott group.

A sequel feeling similar to the original. Gasp.

Yes, lets have the pro-L4D 2 curb stompers come out now. It has been cited multiple times from news sites, such as Kotaku

Anyways if Valve truly listens to what their fans say, then Valve wouldn't make a stupid statement like
The group now is over 60k strong but Valve also has a reputation to listening to the community, not ignoring them. If I were to make an interview, I would address HL2: Episode 3 or even HL3 and the L4D 2 Boycott group.

With all due respect, your interviews before have been very shit.

With all due respect, your interviews before have been very shit.
With all due respect, I asked the community what questions should be asked much similar to this thread. What I got in return was people ranting that I should make my own website. Then I find out later the admins really didn't care for the site but cared for the ad revenue they were pulling in.

Because getting money to keep a website running is such a crime?
Seriously, hool, you should just resist the urge to post in L4D2 threads or just from making argumentative posts in general.

If I were to make an interview, I would address HL2: Episode 3 or even HL3 and the L4D 2 Boycott group.

What's the point? Valve have shown that they will not be pressurised into giving us Episode 3 info. Time and time again they have said that they are not ready to talk about it and we should respect that. Valve must have a good reason to be withholding info, so we just got to trust them. Also what do you want Valve to say about the L4D2 boycott? They are already well aware of it and i'm sure they are working on some of the complaints but again they are not going to be bullied by a small minority of fans. Left4Dead sold millions, who gives a shit about 60k ungrateful tossers.

What I'm waiting for is Valve to put on some big interview and say they'll be showing what we've all been waiting for and getting us all hyped, and then show the next Portal.

Well lets get some good questions going or I cant use any of these. FYI

The group now is over 60k strong but Valve also has a reputation to listening to the community, not ignoring them.

Don't you see how ridiculous it is to take the member count of a steam group so seriously though? It is impossible to prove how many of the signups actually agree with the argument. What about the thousands of people who never liked the game? or just don't like Valve in general, like the PS3 owners who hate them, or the CS1.6 people who still believe they are evil for closing the WON network. People who may have no interest in L4D and just see an opportunity to bitch posted on a forum or news site somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, at the heart of any flame war there are legitimate concerns from customers, but its nieve to think the rantings within forum communities mean that much.

As for questions! Mine would be pretty crappy but..

1. They have mentioned that the 5 campaigns in L4D2 connect to each other more clearly than the 4 in L4D, I wanna know what that actually means, does one begin where the previous one left off like a 25 map linear story?

2. With all the new items being added, the Survival gamemode is gonna have a pretty cluttered equipment stack at the start, have they considered a system for dropping in random supplies as the timer increases?

3. Can the friendly AI throw pipebombs or cocktails yet? or can we pass the explosives between teammates now, similar to the Pill bottle. I always thought it would be good if the friendly AI picked them up, then handed them to you when the slot was free.

What bands are Valve currently contacting for Left 4 Dead 2 other than Depeche Mode? Can they contact John Murphy?

"Will the L4D1 campaigns be available in L4D2?"
"I noticed you have syringes where the pills normally are. Does this mean no more peelz?"

Back