Left 4 Dead 2 Tank statue by Gaming Heads to be released in 2011

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
tankbanner.jpg
[br]Gaming Heads, the team behind the finely-crafted Heavy statue we posted about a while ago are releasing the Tank in the first quarter of 2011.[br]The Tank will come in two editions; the standard and exclusive versions are both 15-inches, built of high-quality poly-stone, hand-painted to very high standards (including glow-in-the-dark eyes!), and currently limited to 750 statues worldwide. The difference between the two is that the exclusive edition features a "to-scale" pump shotgun. Unfortunately, the difference in price between the two editions is fairly large considering the relatively small difference in content.[br]The standard edition will set you back $299.99 (?192.25), while the exclusive edition is a heftier $324.99 (?208.27).[br]You decide if the additional safety of the shotgun from this miniature monster is enough for the increased tag-price.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

Siiiick! But too pricey for me, atm.

That is very awesome, but I doubt anyone will buy it at that price.

This sums up my reaction. So I'll just complain at how ridiculously expensive things are these days.
To be fair, the quality seems very much on par with the price, but as a product it still is expensive. Such a shame.

Maquettes are always expensive like that, however the paint job is kinda eh.

I want figures goddammit, not statues.

Don't like this statue as much as the Heavy one. I don't like the paint job or the hands.

Plus £20 for a shotgun is expensive!

If I had $300 burning a hole in my wallet, I could think of a dozen things I'd get before a statue of a Tank...

-A new decent quality lawn mower
-4 or more new games for any platform
-A number of pc upgrades
-A dozen or so new DVDs
-A tank of gas
-New fishing gear
-A month or so supply of red Vault
-A year or so supply of 2L Mountain Dew
-3 months worth of PBR
-Fix up my car
-A month long gym membership
-Every last Clint Eastwood movie I could find.

To be fair, the statue looks great, just not $300 great. For a statue with only a 30-day warranty, I would go for $150 at most.

yeah there are more practical things I need myself:

PC
AC for my car
girlfriend
sex
a 2nd girlfriend
and new tires

But damn $300 I was hoping it was like $50-150

I'm glad they made the size comparison so I can be absolutely sure that it's way ****ing bigger than I would ever want it.

Charming. Would look very nice on the mantlepiece next to my John Prescott statue.

Beginning to dislike this company. They start selling over sized statues at 300 dollars; that's not unusual, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good way to draw people in. Now they charge an additional 25 dollars for the "exclusive" tank statue because it comes with.... wait for it..... a scaled shotgun. Nothing else, not a fancy package, or a signature by the sculptor or a fancy lithograph. No, you get a very arbitrary accessory to what should have already been included as part of the sculpture. Up next, exclusive Gordon with scaled medpack!

I'd really like to see smaller versions... like 9 inches tall.... that aren't made of poly stone. The props should be exciting to see, but a pipe dream for anyone who actually wants one (These are 300, imagine how much full props will cost)
At this point I will be surprised if this company stays in business, unless they are getting additional funding; because making big expensive sculptures that no one can buy/wants to buy isn't the best business plan.

They should do what NECA do, make cheap 7" plastic models that look amazing. I have a few Bioshock figures and they are awesome. They only cost £10-£20.

They should do what NECA do, make cheap 7" plastic models that look amazing. I have a few Bioshock figures and they are awesome. They only cost £10-£20.

Exactly. I wish this is what they would do. I would love to have nice figures of Valve characters that were modestly sized and modestly priced.

Who are these gargantuan sized/priced statues for? Seems like quite a niche audience IMHO - from most to least, I'd say... people who buy figures > people who buy video game figures > people who buy large-scale statues/figures > people who are willing to spend $200-$300 on said statues/figures...

At this point I will be surprised if this company stays in business, unless they are getting additional funding; because making big expensive sculptures that no one can buy/wants to buy isn't the best business plan.

Someone will always buy something.

Beginning to dislike this company. They start selling over sized statues at 300 dollars; that's not unusual, but it certainly doesn't seem like a good way to draw people in. Now they charge an additional 25 dollars for the "exclusive" tank statue because it comes with.... wait for it..... a scaled shotgun. Nothing else, not a fancy package, or a signature by the sculptor or a fancy lithograph. No, you get a very arbitrary accessory to what should have already been included as part of the sculpture. Up next, exclusive Gordon with scaled medpack!

I'd really like to see smaller versions... like 9 inches tall.... that aren't made of poly stone. The props should be exciting to see, but a pipe dream for anyone who actually wants one (These are 300, imagine how much full props will cost)

they are not over-sized they just happen to be Huge in game. And I'm sure they were chosen as the runners up due to their popularity. it's a smart move to start off with the most popular characters. Neca did the same thing by starting of their bioshock line with the Big daddy. of course he seems rather cheap at 20 bucks compared to $300 for this tank. and an additional $65 to ship to canada. I agree the exclusive is a joke, I'm reminded of that episode of the simpsons where all the girls went crazy over a barbie that came with an additional hat. And speaking of hat's I'm sure they will start making additional hats for all your TF2 statues later.. for just 30 bucks a pop.

the props are going to be crazy expensive. the heavy and tank prices are on par with sideshow collectables polystone statues, and here's what they are charging for something that looks similar to the demoman's grenade launcher
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=8932&ref=search0109

That doesn't look much at all like the demoman's grenade launcher.

it's a life sized prop with similar construction so we know it's going to be pricey. anyway a flaming tank would have made for a better exclusive. And Valve should know that gamers also like to buy things they can afford. tho I expect the HL2 statues to be HOT sellers.

I predict we'll see a Gordon Freeman from gaming heads before the end of this month.

Back