Left 4 Dead First Infected Footage

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Gametrailers TV shown the first footage of the Infected side in Left 4 Dead. This is the first time we've seen the Infected side. Watch it here.

Looks alright, didn't really go into a whole lot of detail about actually PLAYING as the infected.
Hope we get more segments.

It doesn't really show very much gameplay footage, or at least the footage doesn't look much different from the old stuff. Still, from the small snippets you get you can see it's going to be a lot of fun playing as the infected.

I was never interested in this part of the game. Its cool to have tho.

Yeah it looks like Valve did try and fix it but in the end they said "ah **** it, ship it". The Infected side is all about strategy. It should be fun playing or watching more videos on that side.

So we don't get to be zombies in the mian co-op game?

So we don't get to be zombies in the mian co-op game?

Do you know what co-op means? It is short for cooperative. Yeah, learn something new every day.

Joking aside, it'd be lame to have all the work that they put into the AI director to be ruined by some lamer human-controlled zombie showing up at the dumbest time and using some pathetic near-exploit tactic to kill the entire survivor team.

Day one pre-order!

I can't wait, it looks really nice.

It's also nice to see they solved the issue of Zombie spawning. When I originally played, it was one gametype of 4v4 and the zombies had long wait times (45secs to a minute) which pales in comparison to the like 20-30 seconds you are alive. Glad to see they just decided to let the AI control that for the co-op and got rid of spawn timers for when you want to play as zombies.

Oh, and HL2.netters, we must have zombie battles when the game is out!

Do you know what co-op means? It is short for cooperative. Yeah, learn something new every day

Duh :thumbs:

I thought it was co-op vs. ai, but wth the option for people to spawn as boss zombies.

Didn't show as much as I anticipated, however still looks fun and I can't wait for Left 4 Dead to come out...

The physics on the smoker's tongue look breathtaking! Did everyone see how that really slid down and swung around the awning like real rope?

Man this will be a blast at LAN-partys. People screaming and everything :D

God I want this game, now!

There will be a game mode that is just human survivors with no humans playing infected though, right?

There will be a game mode that is just human survivors with no humans playing infected though, right?

The standard Coop campaign mode is human survivors only, vs Ai horde and bosses, they last 5 maps.

The Versus Mode has 4 humans vs 4 infected for a single map, the Ai horde is still there, but the bosses are player controlled, the goal is for the humans to reach the one exit of the map as fast as possible, and the infected have to slow them down, The teams switch at the end of the round, kinda like Stopwatch mode, trying to beat each others time.

I thought I'd seen it before. Old thread :p.

Extended version does look awesome.

I thought I'd seen it before. Old thread :p.

Extended version does look awesome.

Back