Left 4 Dead - Wallpaper

That does look nice... Good luck to all those that are going to QuakeCon!

W00t my name in a news post! :cheese: Should see more soon because there are 2 days left of L4D.

Is that a current source engine pic? It looks really bad, at least the textures. Or maybe it's not that HQ pic...

Is that a current source engine pic? It looks really bad, at least the textures. Or maybe it's not that HQ pic...
Same texture resolution they used in HL2, youre fps would drop stupidly low if they used 1024x1024 on walls and stuff. Pixels are cool... just like that hunting rifle:naughty:.

-dodo

It looks well enough. The new facial animation engine looks excellent.

lol, Evo. The facial animation is great but I don't think it's implemented yet. Zoey has never changes her expressions.

Is it me or is the source engine really starting to look old now?

Even if it doesn't change, the musculature and so on still look excellent.

Same texture resolution they used in HL2, youre fps would drop stupidly low if they used 1024x1024 on walls and stuff. Pixels are cool... just like that hunting rifle:naughty:.

-dodo

I really like source and valves games etc, but...those textures look like of old DX level. I know valve sacrifices some visual goodness for smooth gameplay, but in 2007 things should look at least better than what they look.

I hope they update the source engine enough to the point to be current gen. :)

I really like source and valves games etc, but...those textures look like of old DX level.

No they don't. They are the same as any Source game/Source mod. I wish Source would go ahead and update Source to DirectX 10. My PC is ready for it.

No they don't. They are the same as any Source game/Source mod. I wish Source would go ahead and update Source to DirectX 10. My PC is ready for it.
Too true. Games like Bioshock, etc are struggling to try and make DX7 users play the games. The result is an ugly game that is buggy and crashes a lot.

after having crysis on my desktop for the past year, this seems a little out of place.

it does look very dated compared to screenshots comming out for all kinds of games. GOW for the pc pulls off the dark look much better.

Good for it. If they made the textures any better, it'd lag like ****, because of the sheer amounts of zombies.

While the level of detail/textures isn't near Crysis, the big difference is that more than 5% of the gaming population will actually be able to run it at a nice, smooth framerate. I'm not saying it's bad to push graphics (I have an 8800GTX and want it to be put to use).

I think where L4D shines is where it actually matters, and that's when you're actually playing and watching the animations.. you don't play by going around and staring at a wall texture for any length of time at all. Animations in L4D are the best I've seen (just watch the videos of the zombies).

Back