level 18 help

P

pattywac

i'm stuck where there are the 4 turrets on stands and the box is in the room at the far end........
any hints would be appreciated

Use the portals to knock the turrets over ... also use the portals to get a powerball in a catcher that you have to open by pressing a button.

Thats as far as I got.

Use portals to knock out the sentry guns by putting exit portals where their laser sights target and then put an entrance portal where the energy ball dispenser next targets.

That should sort out one problem for you at least :D

ya ive gotten rid of the turrets and did the energy ball thing but cant figure out how to get the box

ya ive gotten rid of the turrets and did the energy ball thing but cant figure out how to get the box

Ok, well if you got the energy ball into the catcher then the platform should be moving back and forth, in which case jump on and when it gets as far as possible, you should be able to jump down into the lower of the two chambers. I don't want to say more beyond that, but remember the lesson about velocity and what happens when objects fall into portals. :naughty:

ya, i still cant figure it out....... ive tried launching myself using the platform at water level and a portal above the door but it only gets me halfway

great, now if anyone can get me past the first bit in advanced? :LOL:

Exit portal on bottom platform...other portal into the big trench...as you fly out of the portal on the floor panel, new portal onto next panel, etc...

When stuck, remember our motto - There's a hole in the sky through which things can... fly!

Except there are very few places in this game where you can fire a portal into the ceiling :)

Hmm... The impossible is easy? I think someone used that already today, though.

SPOILER

Once on the bottom ledge, press the button, and fire a portal onto the wall which comes out, then a portal on the wall near the button, fall through back onto the top edge, and then fire a portal onto the lowest ledge, jump onto this, and you will fly out at an angle, onto the top ledge.

So I got to the top ledge where the box falls and the signs say to let it hit you, now what?

Exit portal on bottom platform...other portal into the big trench...as you fly out of the portal on the floor panel, new portal onto next panel, etc...

Ah thanks Ridge :)

Will do this when i get back from Uni :D

Back