Lock-Out is over!

Araviss

Space Core
Reaction score
Hello Hockey fans! The lock-out is officially over. Anyone else excited?

More importantly... Anyone else a Pens fan?

Blackhawks fan here.

Honestly, I'm not excited. Players haven't played any official games (except those who went play in Europe/Russia) since last spring. I'm not really sure how much training has been done since the, now past, official start of this season. I'm sure all teams will hold training camps for the next two weeks before games start up again, but I don't think any team will be prepared for a season. I foresee lots of injuries, shitty plays, and lackluster play offs. All in all, I think this lock-out is a great example of how ****ed up the league is. They should have canceled the season or discussed opening it earlier than normal next year.

Ha, I had given up posting hockey news on here since virtually no-one seems to care.

Big Senators fan. Was enjoying watching Binghamton tear it up in the AHL, but now I'll get to see how some of our prospects will fare in the big league. Additionally, had the entire season been cancelled, Alfie would have likely retired without playing a game in his last year which would have been pretty depressing. One big problem I forsee is that our defence is very weak outside of Karlsson, we are gonna have to rely on above average goaltending and tons of goals if we are going to make the playoffs again this year.

Had a TV come into the store where I work (sports store) to do a piece on the aftermath of the lockout on local business.

Sabres fan here, can't wait to finally go to a few games. It feels like ages since the last batch of games

in the words of another forum

d0lphin_shake.gif

so yeah it's alright

They should have canceled the season or discussed opening it earlier than normal next year
I disagree. They're gonna get a week to run camps (I know thats still not much time) but, I think with 48 game season or less, each game is gonna feel like the playoffs. I think it could be really fun.

Ha, I had given up posting hockey news on here since virtually no-one seems to care
Seems I've had a bit better luck haha. Got a few fans in here.

GO PENS

F*CK THE REST
****ing Right.

Sabres fan here, can't wait to finally go to a few games.
Couldn't agree more. I just moved down to Pittsburgh earlier this year (I grew up an hour north) and im gonna try to get to as many games as i can. (YAY company seats!)

What was it like being interviewed by a television?
DERP

Pretty terrifying actually, he had an electron gun pointed at me the whole time...

...flatscreens are no fun....

So, yeah, now the new NHL game will have more modes than Lock-Out mode in which you can't play as any of the teams.

Also, Bruins, plz.

That being said, I haven't been starved of good hockey because here in the UK we have the EIHL and I've been going to games and rooting for my home team, too.

Hope you were there for the ass whoopin you guys laid on the flyers.

Was in Rochester for a bday party but we watched it and it was a blast

sabresgame1-20-13_zps87cdaf64.jpg

From the left to right: My Girlfriend, me, gf's niece, gf's brother in law, gf's nephew, gf's sister, Monty the dog, gf's mom, gf's dad. I was surrounded by future in laws lol. such a fun game though

Great lookin fam. Even the dog's got some Sabers gear on! Was happy to see you guys knock the Flyers back to 0-2. Good work.

Best start in Hawks history! 6-0 baby!

Edit: Who else thinks the new "hand-puck" rule is ridiculous?

Grats to your Blackhawks. You guys and San Jose undefeated so far.
Pens 3-2 with shoot-out win last night vs. the Sens. We came out strong but the last three games I haven't been impressed. We turn it over way to much in our defensive zone and every single shot we take is blocked. Seriously, if you want your teams stats in blocked shots to go up, come play the pens. Cause Letang and Kennedy will just shoot in into your shins shot after shot. (Sorry for the rant lol)

But to your question, I think the rule is pretty stupid. In our game vs. the Rangers, Sutter took a minor for using his hand to win the faceoff after their sticks got tied up. Stupid. If he's athletic enough to get down there while holding off the stick/body of the other player, he deserves the win. He went to the box right, Rangers score a PP goal. Me = Pissed.

Man, the Pens-Sens game got sloppy towards the end. Happy we stuck around to grab a point out of that game, though stopping a shootout lineup of Neal, Crosby, and Malkin is a pretty tall order. That said, Anderson has been phenomenal so far this season, lowest GAA at 0.74!

Yeah, Anderson looked pretty good in the game, I cant deny that. Better than Fluery. But stopping those 3 one-on-one has got to be rough..Crosby and Spezza's shoot-out goals were absolutly disgusting though.

Haha they were. I always get nervous, cause Spezza has the potential to pull off some amazing shots, but they tend to backfire a lot. I've been really impressed with Turris so far. Someone who wasn't even playing at the start of last season in Phoenix is now a lock for our 2C position, and has 4 goals in 5 games.

You never know whats gonna happen. Sometimes players just got to find where they fit in team/line wise. For example, when Malone was with us, he was a beast. Big body in front of the net smacking away at rebounds puttin pucks in the net. He leaves and gets paid more money to be average at best for the Lightning. Same goes for Talbot, that little bitch :D.

Back