Locking my gum thread seems confusing.

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
The conversation was civil, the topic was legitimate and it was kept very friendly.

Just wondering, seems strange to just lock it with no reason stated.

My 2 cents:

The thread didn't have much substance. "Do you like this thing? Yes or no"
I mean, what is there to discuss about gum, really? Are there arguments to be had? It's just going to be people stating their uninteresting answer, and then making jokes.
For this reason, the thread was basically destined for spam.

I don't condone the closing of that thread. I was going to post in it. And it was clear that constructive conversation was emerging.

My 2 cents:

The thread didn't have much substance. "Do you like this thing? Yes or no"
I mean, what is there to discuss about gum, really? Are there arguments to be had? It's just going to be people stating their uninteresting answer, and then making jokes.
For this reason, the thread was basically destined for spam.

I think there's quite a bit to discuss about gum chewing habits. Freud certainly had a lot to say there.

I don't condone the closing of that thread. I was going to post in it. And it was clear that constructive conversation was emerging.

This is how I feel too.

I think there's quite a bit to discuss about gum chewing habits. Freud certainly had a lot to say there.
Perhaps you could have begun this intelligent discussion in the OP, instead of writing all of 9 words.

As it is, the thread seemed totally lazy.

Perhaps you could have begun this intelligent discussion in the OP.

As it is, the thread seemed totally lazy.

Yet you are always the first person to criticize my long winded rants with tl;dr and thank the heavens when I'm short winded. Perhaps I was just interested in others input before I ran my mouth, no pun intended.

@KineticAesthetic
Not sure I understand your logic here, Ollie. Not that I have to, I'm well aware this is no democracy. Just a forum. Hence more curiosity than anything.

A long winded rant from you is equally useless to the forum. I don't see your point.

To open a genuinely interesting or potent discussion does not require a long winded rant.

I don't see the reason you felt compelled to indulge me with posts in the first place, then.

Don't get defensive (oh who am I kidding...)

I posted in your thread for the same reason anyone would.

You asked why the thread was locked by posting a public thread. So I put my 2 cents in, in attempt to explain it. I didn't state my personal opinion on whether it should have been closed. The fact that I posted in it doesn't really have any bearing on the situation.

I got some enjoyment out of posting in your thread, but I can get the same enjoyment by posting in threads that are actually good ones with good discussions. So threads like yours aren't really necessary.

Edit: Ironically, this thread itself has more valuable and interesting discussion than your gum thread.

Off Topic - Discuss anything, within Reason!

Gum is not reasonable, remember folks.

Ironically Vegeta, you seem to enjoy posting in this thread just as well.

You were never one for gracefulness, were you?

Not that grace is at all contingent within this dialogue, but I employ such social skill when I deem it necessary, and I do so quite well. Try not to get off-topic, though.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this. I closed your thread because it was a poll about gum. Maybe I closed your thread about gum because it was the latest in a run of increasingly obscure threads. As for not stating a reason in the thread itself, I'm becoming less fond of getting the last, victorious "Locked!" post in a thread just to stamp my name on it.

I think that's a fine response and something you didn't need to do but I appreciate, thanks for it.

Back