LOL. Pistol has a secondary fire mode. :D

A2597

Reaction score
Don't know if this is ofn but the pistol has a "fire-all-bullets-at-once" mode. To use:

.1 Hold the secondary fire button(mouse button 2 by default)
.2 Then while holding the secondary fire press fire and hold them both for 10 seconds or so.
.3 Aim the gun at target
.4 Release secondary fire button and use will use all the bullets in one go :naughty:

bada bing bada BOOM!

well, uh... that pistol thing sounds incredibly neat, but does it really take 10 seconds of holding down secondary fire to work? i mean.. 10 seconds in a fire fight and it's usually over.

Is that supposed to be a secondary fire? lol

eccozmaig said:
how long dus hl2 take to dl.

Depends on which bundle you order and the server load I would assume. I downloaded the game after a few days and then I wound up buying it at EB anyways.

UKchaos2 said:
..and your connection. Tons of factors. Which is why its a stupid question.
Its also a stupid question because it derailed the topic. :rolleyes: This is why most of us dont feel to helpfull, eccozmaig.
A2597 said:
Don't know if this is ofn but the pistol has a "fire-all-bullets-at-once" mode.
Cheers, A2. I did read this somewhere before but it has gotten very little attention. I have not yet tried it out but I think I'll give it a go tonight.

anyways...
is the second fire mode supposed to be there or is it a bug?
seems strange a pistol can do that

Bug, dur :p I hope it gets fixed...not that I'll use it :| I love my shotgun.

I didn't even realize the combine mg had a secondary fire until I was playing through some old saves earlier today...

pAiNtHeAsS said:
anyways...
is the second fire mode supposed to be there or is it a bug?
seems strange a pistol can do that
i've actually seen a pistol fire at a rate similar to a machine gun burst. it's not accurate by any means, but it was strange to see.

512k broadband will take about 16 to 20 hours to download all of HL2.

Now, I must try this gun trick.

I think it's a bug. Maybe they'll make it official and shorten the hold time.

I didn't notice too much of a damage increase for it... it seemed as powerful as maybe 2 or 3 shots, heh.

Nope, no secondary fire for the pistol in the strategy guide. My guess is it's a bug. I'll have to try this out . . .

What's the point, if you can fire all your bullets in less than 10 seconds?

its actually really awesome for sniping if you can aim, can 1shot combine troops on hard.

You don't have to fire off the entire clip. You can hold it for less than 10 seconds and then let go of the right mouse button. So you could fire 4, 6, 8 bullets. It just depends on how long you hold the buttons down.

I've known about this since the alpha...I just figured everyone else had figured it out. Guess I should have mentioned it a long time ago?

well sounds like a bug to me especially since the strategy guide mentions nothing of a secondary fire.

Works and it takes down a Combine Soldier in one burst (on hard).

First screenshot is just after a burst has been fired at that metal screen and the second is just after the Combine Soldier has been shot in the gut. Third shows how tight the grouping is.

Attachments

• testmap0021.jpg
    testmap0021.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 369
  • testmap0019.jpg
    testmap0019.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 362
  • testmap0020.jpg
    testmap0020.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 375
d'keesto said:
Haha...you ripped off someone's thread from Rage3D! :)

Yup! Unless the thread started here is the same guy from Rage3d, he's taking credit for something he didn't actually find out.

Quite sad,

Quelaar

LOL. I wish I would've known this earlier. Seems like the pistol isn't so weak after all.

yeah this is actualy old.
but tryit again.
i think it also works the other pistol.
but only 2 bullets @ once.
hmmm what if this works in cs source or dod source.
that would be bad.

Quelaar said:
Yup! Unless the thread started here is the same guy from Rage3d, he's taking credit for something he didn't actually find out.
Quite sad,
Quelaar

Yeah, like we are giving credit to the guy who did found out... :hmph:

Yep, ripped from rage. Didn't claim that I was the one to find it though. ;)

It's a fun trick, I use it alot in firefights when I have limited ammo in my other weapons.
Find obstacle, hide behind it, charge up pistol, pop up, 1 Combine bites the dust. Repeat until they are all gone.

Doesnt work in CS source, cause there are totally diff handguns there...

the egon bug... was that when you started firing, then held the second mouse button and the beam would stay there?

i can't remember it actually dealing damage while it was in that state though...

Quelaar said:

Quite sad,

Quelaar

He didn't take credit for discovering it on his own. I just think it's funny that you'd use someone else's words without quoting them, because it's like you're borrowing their personality. :D Although you did add some exciting action words at the end!

thanks, nice trick. Only problem is, if you miss - you gonna lose all the 18 bullets :D

Is it just me or the pistol seems to be more powerful than the assault rifle, i.e. shoots faster and more damage.

Yeah, but the shotgun owns all! :D

And yeah, the pistol thing does work, tried it myself, its great :p

the_FNG said:
i've actually seen a pistol fire at a rate similar to a machine gun burst. it's not accurate by any means, but it was strange to see.
you know, most recent handguns dont ahve a fire limit, this basicly means you can fire them as fast as you can trigger them

Back