Lombardi Explains Need for L4D2 and more...

Man, that boycott group is really gonna make Valve change their minds. A bunch of spoilt 10 year olds thinking that their cool? I bet Doug is quivering in his boots.

Man, that boycott group is really gonna make Valve change their minds. A bunch of spoilt 10 year olds thinking that their cool? I bet Doug is quivering in his boots.

Funny your that against it. If people want to boycott a product and join a group of other people doing the same, good for them, its no worse then other random facebook/steam groups.

Not your concern TBH.

That doesn't prevent people from commenting on it. Observe: I for one think everyone in it is an idiot.

The irony is that only the free updates that Valve released (Steam community) made this possible. Lovely.

That doesn't prevent people from commenting on it.

And the grand circle of freedom of expression is complete.

Behold!, the futility of argument.

Still fun though.

"Like I say, give it some time: quick decisions aren’t usually the best ones."

hmmmmm..... an ironic statement no?

ITT Darkseid thinks he's special.

I don't have L4D anyway, so I'll prob just wait for 2.

Funny your that against it. If people want to boycott a product and join a group of other people doing the same, good for them, its no worse then other random facebook/steam groups.

Not your concern TBH.

Dude he was being sarcastic.

I was hoping someone would comment on my post so i could make that joke. D:

The problem is that people don't seem to realize that L4D is radically different from TF2. It's far more difficult to add something for L4D than for TF2, although some of these are certainly doable.

And by all honesty, as it is now, L4D 20 campaign maps, 20 versus maps and 16 survival maps. That's more than TF2 has.

Awww sheeeeeit did you just insult Samon? I think that might be an insult to Samon I can't be sure but it might be and if it is awww sheeeeit Samon are you just gonna take that? This dude slapped your momma and stepped on your new Jordans!

13,074 Members in L4D2 Boycott.

13074 * $50 = $650,000 that's some serious money.

They will all buy the game regardless you idiot.

That's the thing with idiots, they are, like, hipocrites too. Yeah, you know.

Do you really believe the boycott group is a representation of something?

Awww sheeeeeit did you just insult Samon? I think that might be an insult to Samon I can't be sure but it might be and if it is awww sheeeeit Samon are you just gonna take that? This dude slapped your momma and stepped on your new Jordans!

It's not, and I wouldn't.

Lombardi Explains Need for L4D2

Come off it, Lombardi. The need for a follow up is the same in the game industry as it is in Hollywood with films. It's to make more money! If L4D had not been the huge success that it was then we wouldn't be seing a follow up. Certainly not this quick. Most of the stuff he's talking about TF2 players get in free updates! (sorry if this has already been brught up. I've not read through the whole thread. Just Lombardi's comments).

Anyway, I never bought L4D so I'll probably get L4D2 when it's out ...... maybe.

The problem is that people don't seem to realize that L4D is radically different from TF2. It's far more difficult to add something for L4D than for TF2, although some of these are certainly doable.

And by all honesty, as it is now, L4D 20 campaign maps, 20 versus maps and 16 survival maps. That's more than TF2 has.

I don't see what's radically different about L4D2. The only thing that would qualify for that would be the Director's ability to alter the course of the map.

I'm mad about the boycott. Not just because it's stupid and pointless, but also because it's an easy target that allows everybody on this site (and many others) to ignore any legitimate gripes against a sequel being released so soon.

Valve's promise to keep updating the original L4D holds no water with me unless they're going to drop something major in the intervening months.

Everyone whining about how Valve is trying to make money is seriously missing a very large point; there a ****ing company. They want money. *shock*

Everyone whining about how Valve is trying to make money is seriously missing a very large point; there a ****ing company. They want money. *shock*
Precisely my point earlier. L4D was a huge commercial success across multiple gaming platforms. From that point of view it's a no brainer for them to release a follow up game. That has got more to do with why it's happening than any of that bull Lombardi spouted!

in my opinion most of the whiners are going to buy the game day one no question asked.

They say they would have bought it as an expansion pack, then why do not they wait until the game will be on special offer or something? They are so concerned with the launch price because they are going to buy it day one and then whine like there is no tomorrow.

I don't understand why almost everyone is hating on TF2 about the updates. It's a rad game.

Back