Looking for a portable TV/Monitor for a PS3

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
As the title hints at, Id like to get my hands on a portable monitor/tv/dvd player, anything with a screen, to use as a monitor for my PS3.

Why?

Well, simply because Ive been relocated (business) to the north east of Africa on my first job out of uni, and Im here for 6 months with nothing but a shared TV, slow broadband and Africa's version of Sky which has about 8 watchable channels unless you like watching sport and the news...which consists of BBC world and the worst news channel ever; Sky News.

Im sharing my accommodation with 3 fellow ex-pat employees...oh what do you care.

1 TV for 3 people means clashes in viewing times and wanting to play games (one of the guys has his 360 elite here, so that could cause clashes with playing times on the weekends for example).

(for the tl:dr people)

So, anyone suggest a, say, 10 inch TV/monitor/DVD player that has an A/V Input so that the PS3 can hook into it and use it as it's display?

Why so small? Well, its £3000 to get a container to ship my 19 inch HD TV I use in my room over from the UK, and by the time it gets here I'll be gone I'd guess.

I know 10 inch is pretty small for a screen, but ive seen them being used and it doesnt seem too bad, its a sacrifice im happy to make.

Plus with the new ridiculous 'one bag only' rule on flights, packing a TV like that in will probably result in a crack knowing my luck as well as either having a bag that is too heavy or not enough room to get what I need in (clothes etc).

Need something portable that can slip into hand luggage, as dont forget, I need to get my PS3 back to the UK once im done here too (hand luggage PS3 + TV in one bag).

Anything around £180-220 is acceptable. Preferably a DVD player if possible as it doubles as a monitor and something small to play DVDs on that way in future.

And yeah, UK only please as Im going back in 3 weeks (by law as im a bachelor) and can pick it up then.

Back