Looking for experienced writers/gamers who would want to become featured authors at our magazine web

benlui

Infected
Reaction score
Hello, ValveTime Community, I would like ask kindly if anyone here would be interested in writing for a blog/magazine website in our gaming section. We are currently looking for experienced writers/gamers who would want to guest post or become featured authors and are knowledgeable in these areas and other similar related fields. If you think you have what it takes to become a writer of our gaming section, lets us know.

So why should you join us?
We are one of the fastest growing communities on the web with over 3,600 unique visitors per month. By contributing to our site, you will gain new exposure from our robust audience.
If you become a member of our team, you’ll become part of our family. We extremely value our writers because without you we wouldn’t have the great content that we have today. Therefore, we believe that our writers make the most important component of our success. Moreover, we provide our authors with their own about page with their bio making it super easy for people to follow you on all of your social media right from one place.

If you are interested, let me know via email: luchovillacrez [@] gmail [dot] com
or pm here in the forums.

I will send more info about the website for those who are interested. (I cannot put the link of the website due to privacy reasons) Thank you for your time and consideration.

We look forward to hearing from you!

look...it would help if you linked your website. stating that you cant for privacy reasons contradicts your point of being "one of the fastest growing community on the web." it doesnt make sense to me that your site is popular enough, meaning it has gone public, is out of beta, and is gaining traffic through referral links and crawlers like you are inferring, yet you are prohibited from outlinking it. that contradicts the basics of web traffic because that is how the majority of startup websites gain usage.

also, 3600 per month is nothing near "one of the fastest growing community on the web." when i first founded tf2pricecheck.net, we had 5,000 unique vistors per day, and 75,000 unique visitors per month within the first month of being online. and tbh, tf2pc plays to a very niche market of the tf2 trading scene. within the sub demographics of tf2 players, even those numbers are dwarfed by other large trading sites. and this is all within the game of tf2, so in comparison to gaming in general, 3600 per month is rather small.

im not looking to rain on your parade, but im a firm believer of calling a spade a spade. if im missing details, i suggest you post them because as a freelance web designer, i dont buy what you are selling. if the perception of your site is rather inflated or over zealous by its staff, it worries me about the integrity of your journalism and longevity of whatever site you are pushing.

I don't see why he should have to link it. I don't really see why not either (maybe to cover his ass if something goes wrong here..?), but anyone who is interested in finding a writing job can PM/email him and get the site easily enough. No harm done.

That said, I am pretty curious as to what site it is. PM me!

I don't see why he should have to link it. I don't really see why not either (maybe to cover his ass if something goes wrong here..?), but anyone who is interested in finding a writing job can PM/email him and get the site easily enough. No harm done.

which tells me you also dont understand why the dot com bubble popped and why operational transparency is so important to social media and web development.

I didn't put the link here because I thought it would be consider as spam (getting hits from steam forums). That said, thanks for your feedback.

SPUF =/= valvetime heh SPUF is run by valve, but valvetime is 3rd party.

i understand that reasoning because its a legitimate concern. though as far as im concerned given the context of this thread, mods should allow it here.

which tells me you also dont understand why the dot com bubble popped and why operational transparency is so important to social media and web development.
He had a reason to not link to it. I didn't assume, like you did, that he had no reason. I understand the importance of transparency in running a website. Hell, twitter alone provides enough proof of that. I was weighing both sides of it. Some undisclosed reason for not linking vs. gaining a few extra visitors if he had linked it. He came here for writers, not visitors. Of course if he can link it then he absolutely should. If this were /r/gaming I'd agree with you 100%.

Your demeanor in this thread is kind of annoying.

pIVdlH2.jpg

Hey, I know Fullerton. You know, Somewhere down on Fullerton there's a place we used to go to get away from it all. But I'm still trying just to figure out why this feels so wrong when it felt so right, felt so right four years ago.

It's still spam even without the website. Unfortunately though, not having a site linked makes it look like a scam. If you had concerns you could have (and should have) brought it up with a staff member.

I didn't put the link here because I thought it would be consider as spam (getting hits from steam forums). That said, thanks for your feedback.

It would have been, so you made the correct choice, FYI. Mods don't appreciate unsolicited links.

Edit: Whoops lol, guess you ****ed up either way.

He had a reason to not link to it. I didn't assume, like you did, that he had no reason. I understand the importance of transparency in running a website. Hell, twitter alone provides enough proof of that. I was weighing both sides of it. Some undisclosed reason for not linking vs. gaining a few extra visitors if he had linked it. He came here for writers, not visitors. Of course if he can link it then he absolutely should. If this were /r/gaming I'd agree with you 100%.

Your demeanor in this thread is kind of annoying.

Look, he's just calling a spade a spade, and if anyone knows what a spade looks like, it's a Freelance Web Designer.

Back