Looper

Y

Yorick

The story seems like it might be a bit contrived (Why execute people by sending them back through time instead of just doing it on the spot?) but it also looks like it could be pretty awesome / fun. I've been a huge fan of Gordon-Levitt's work the last few years, and Willis + Time Travel only brings to mind the excellent film that is 12 Monkeys.

yeah will watch this for jgl and willis alone, looks like a fun romp. getting a minority report and, for some reason, source code vibe from this. not sure why on the latter, could be to do with the present/future go-between setting or somesuch - i haven't even seen source code, mind, though i hear it's a lot better than the trailers make it out to be.

anyway yeah, this looks like it could be a good watch in a year full of amazing watches. will fit it in somewhere.

Interest piqued. Not what I expected after a poor first impression based on the stupid name.

Trailer didn't immediately interest me but then I looked it up and holy ohmygosh it's the same writer/director as Brick guaranteed watch.

Yorick, as far as I'm aware they send them back to be disposed of in the past leaving almost zero chance of them finding any evidence in the future.

I'm looking forward to this, thick its gonna be a great fun film (I find it a little freaky how Levitt manages to look a little like Willis).... looks like its gonna be a bit of a mind-**** though... a la 12 Monkeys, as Yorick has also said.

Back