Lost Coast benchmarks.

wow that looks nice i could prob. pull of 30 fps on 800x600 low q and no aa or af

giant384 said:
wow that looks nice i could prob. pull of 30 fps on 800x600 low q and no aa or af

Yeah... That seems quite plausible judging from your signature....

SHIT

I'm gonna need a new mobo, processor, and gfx card.

Meh, I've been needing one for a while.

I hearby christen the fisherman... Manhat! In loving memory of an RPG character who never was.

*ahem*

Well, confirms that I won't be playing the Lost Coast until I've got a psychotic uber-computer rattling around my desk- but I'd have expected nothing different! I'm sure it'll dazzle me once I get a PC that can play it properly...

Yeah, thats the same as my card, it just won't be able to handle it.

Thank you, Shens. Great stuffs.

eDITS: OMFGZTRAILERP{WNS

W00t, my graphics card is here on Monday :). Can't wait to see lost coast in FULL glory.

Wow, that gameplay video was longer than I thought it'd be.

And it looks like I'll just barely be able to play at a respectable framerate. Woohoo!! :D

A True Canadian said:
Wow, that gameplay video was longer than I thought it'd be.

And it looks like I'll just barely be able to play at a respectable framerate. Woohoo!! :D

Yeah, noticed that too, I wonder if that was their 7800 machine?

PS: [SARCASM]Wow, there are sarcasm tags now, what a age we live in[/SARCASM]

hmm...i might be able to run it but im assuming it won't look all that pretty :|
and im nowhere close to being able to put together a new PC either.. :(

Blah..I'll play it with 1280X1024 with AA at 4X and AF at 8X..no problem at all ;)

Damn it i can only play at 1280x1024, aax4 and afx8. bugger.

Ah, finally! Some concrete performance test results! I've been waiting so long to see these. Looks like my 6800 GT's just barely gonna pull through.

Hm, maybe I'll forgo my usual 1600x1200 in the sake of preformance and use a lower resolution

I guess my 6600gt will pull somewheres in-between mid-range and high-end?

BetaMaster said:
I guess my 6600gt will pull somewheres in-between mid-range and high-end?
uhh.... dont count on it. :angel:
I'm hoping I can at least run it on medium with my 6800.

I'm curious to see how low I need to go for my XP 2000+ and FX 5900 to get anything above 20fps. I'd like to be able to play 800x600, no aa/af, with HDR. I can sacrifice textures and model/water detail. However, I imagine that this is all laughable.

I'm curious to see how low I need to go for my XP 2000+ and FX 5900 to get anything above 20fps. I'd like to be able to play 800x600, no aa/af, with HDR. I can sacrifice textures and model/water detail. However, I imagine that this is all laughable.
I doubt you will be able to.
"Low-end: Less than Radeon 9600, GeForceFX 5900 - not playable, less than 5FPS"
Thats what you would probably get on all lowest...

If you turned off all the advanced features in Lost Coast, you'd have a level that looks just like normal HL2. Well, maybe not - the textures and models would still be high-res and high-poly.

However, forget it. I'm pretty certain that anyone who is not running HL2 on High can forget about getting a playable performance with Lost Coast.

Solver said:
If you turned off all the advanced features in Lost Coast, you'd have a level that looks just like normal HL2. Well, maybe not - the textures and models would still be high-res and high-poly.

However, forget it. I'm pretty certain that anyone who is not running HL2 on High can forget about getting a playable performance with Lost Coast.

Well, with my FX 5900, I can run on all high (no AA/AF) at 1024x768 at an average of 30-40 FPS, with maybe 20 in the strider fight.

Well, with my FX 5900, I can run on all high (no AA/AF) at 1024x768 at an average of 30-40 FPS, with maybe 20 in the strider fight.]
Where it really counts is at the Water when you are running in Dx9. Now double the polygons, and texture sizes, add in a ton of water, add in HDR+Little Dx9 support, and well...you got one sloowww game.

Well, we'll just have to see what happens when it comes out. I'm not expecting good performance, I just want to play with HDR and see how nice it looks.

"As you widen the aperature to compensate."

If you look at the captions of the photos, the f-stop remains the same, the shutter speed decreases. Is he wrong or the captions?

"True, it ran at 10FPS at High Detail, but it was playable enough to appreciate the overall achievement."

10FPS playable enough? For what, checkers? meh...

Seriously looking forward to this nonetheless.

"True, it ran at 10FPS at High Detail, but it was playable enough to appreciate the overall achievement."

10FPS playable enough? For what, checkers? meh...

Seriously looking forward to this nonetheless.
What they are saying is, 10FPS isn't that "playable" but it will let you appreciate how good it looks.

lucky me who just changed my videocard from a radeon 9600 to a radeon 9700 PRO, now maybe I can pull it off on medium.. maybe o0

Back