Lost Coast's recommanded spec = 2.9 ghz???

Reaction score
holy shit... even my newly upgraded quad core 6600 won't even run this one in full setting....

Well you got something wrong...Mine is smooth as butter at all times of action...maxxed graphics.

2.9 for a single core.
Dual/quad core is completelly different.
Am I right? D:

Yeah...you basically have nearly 10Ghz of processing power, so you should be ok...

eh wrong^^^

that 2.9ghz is based on the Pentium 4s. any core 2 cpu will run it like butter

i have 2.8ghz single core and it ran at 50 fps.. with no stutter or lag..

Quad core > Single core. Forget Ghz, it doesn't matter anymore.

Quad core runs single process applications faster, but it's not where it shines. Where it shines is with the new Multicore support in Half-life 2: Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. Quad core will run the games about 3.2 times faster than single core.

Also, Valve has made this comparison:
Quad core CPU (2.6Ghz): Can display 500 AI controlled NPC's with full physics.
Single core CPU (3.2Ghz): Can display 100 AI controlled NPC's with full physics.

Beat that single cores! Your Ghz is futile xD

Reference:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/cpu/valve-multicore.ars

The requirements are from the days before dual-core PCs. A dual-core CPU at 1.8 GHz would well match those requirements. With quad-cores, it's even better.

If you have a quad-core, forget about CPU requirements for the time being. Even the most taxing games require 1 core and recommend 2. It'll take some time for dual-cores to become the minimum requirement, and quad-cores will match the CPU requirement of any game. You will also notice that newer games tend to explicitly give different CPU clock speed requirements for single and for dual core CPUs.

I know.. I started it up and it's all:
'Your computer does not match recommended specs, continue?'
But it worked fine.. Weird. All maxed out.. :p

i have 2.8ghz single core. That means, I can only display about 60+ ai enemies. That is terrible..

Back