Major issue with new build

Reaction score
I decided to build myself a new PC. Last night i tried it everything was working great. However today i had big problem. First i got a CPU Fan Error. However after a couple reboots it worked again. However now am always getting this error and the CPU fan is not spinning. It's like it tries to spin for a sec then fails it does this a few time. I've tried plugging the CPU fan into the power for my case fan and it worked once, but then started to do the same. I've checked to make sure no wires are stopping it from moving. It's driving me mad everything was running so well. It's an I5 2500k stock cooler.

Right so after trying it with the PC led down the fan works. However if i try to boot the PC when it's stood up it again tries to spin but doesn't. I can start it led down then stand it up and the fan will still work. Should i return it and get a new one? or is there any way to fix this?. It's clearly getting resistance when stood up i just don't know what on.

From what you described, it's a fan motor/wiring issue. Just replace it.

Alright thanks guy. Looks like i'll just have to remove the CPU and heatsink and return it to Amazon. Really gutted this was my first build and everything was going so well.

Back