Make a new linux forum tab

tomemozok

Space Core
Reaction score
With steam for linux just around the corner,and my beleif that a lot of people will flock to linux in the near future,since win is really crap,i think we need a linux tab for threads.
Can we make this happen?
(P.S. using ubuntu and soon will have GNU,anyone has probs with their linux give me a shout,we'll figure it out :D)

I think people are more likely to stick to Windows 7 than change to linux.

What morgs said. I can see myself using this OS for many more years.

I will be too, but it would actually make sense to have one here. I'm sure there will be plenty of people with linux related issues when its out, and its going to be a big enough shift in the industry direction that it could take off, thereby generating a lot of discussion.

I don't see what's wrong with the current hardware/software section though. Not like that gets overloaded with threads.

Well, sometimes RJ has a lot of computer problems.

Linux section would be cool. I'm expecting to split my time across OSes in the near future, as some of my gaming will always (have to) be PC.

Massive migration from Windows to Linux didn't happen with Win95, didn't happen with WinME, didn't happen with WinVista. And of course it's not going to happen with Win8.

Massive migration from Windows to Linux didn't happen with Win95, didn't happen with WinME, didn't happen with WinVista. And of course it's not going to happen with Win8.
Do you understand the reasons for migration regarding Windows 8?

99.9% of questions will be related to either where files are located or how to use the software centre.

So, no.

I just wanted to make newcomers on linux feel like it's not a big deal,they will have a space to ask things out,forgot that the main question is how much of you all will be migrating to linux after steam releases...
Probably a handfull of people,and that's with some generous rounding...
So,let's see if we have the need when linux steam comes out.

Back