Male/Female characters?

operative x

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice this in the .gcf? I don't think valve would go through the trouble of creating a separate file for woman characters for the hell of it.
male5cq.jpg

No...they use the base HL2 code but don't change the names. So Americans = Male and Germans = Female. You get the correct movement sounds (footfalls) but they just use the standard HL2 file structure to execute it.

Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, seeing as women weren't in combat in WW2

i guess they could add female characters, but it would be horribly inaccurate, there were no female soldiers at all in WWII, maybe nurses, but they were never on the battlefield

The russians used female soldiers, even in the front line. Over 800 000 women served in the red army during WWII.

Afterburn3r said:
i guess they could add female characters, but it would be horribly inaccurate, there were no female soldiers at all in WWII, maybe nurses, but they were never on the battlefield

DOD SOURCE: Nurse Simulator!

Afterburn3r said:

Where did you know that, were you there?

absolutely right i agree 100% the russians most defeinately did send women into battle so too bad for you do your research.

Back