Man with Concealed Weapon Permit arrested at airport after wanting to "see" obama

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
An armed man arrested in a North Carolina airport parking lot shortly after U.S. President Barack Obama's plane took off has had his concealed-weapons permit suspended by a sheriff in Ohio.

Rogers cited McVey's arrest Sunday on a misdemeanour charge of "going armed in terror of the public." McVey, 23, was arrested after allegedly telling an officer he wanted to see the president.

Authorities say he was wearing a sidearm and had a car equipped with police gear â?? including a siren and flashing lights.

to clarify: armed man is arrested at airport after requesting to see obama. gets concealed weapon license suspended

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/04/27/us-nc-airport-obama.html#ixzz0mKTbkrIk

I'd have thought a suspension is being lenient

He did have a permit for it.

Unless they can prove he intended to harm the President, I doubt there's more than can do, since he is legally allowed to carry the guns AFAIK.

It is stupid though, I agree.

He did have a permit for it.

Unless they can prove he intended to harm the President, I doubt there's more than can do, since he is legally allowed to carry the guns AFAIK.

It is stupid though, I agree.
Not allowed to bring firearms anywhere near the president, even with CC as far as I know.

"going armed in terror of the public."

BULL SHIT. All he did was ask to see the president, and they arrested him for it and suspended his license? What a load of crap.

I can understand denying his request, but I think they overreacted unless there is something they are not telling us.

1: you can't just get to see the president by asking.
2: Even if you could they would make sure you weren't armed before getting to meet the president.
3: Unless they have CONCLUSIVE PROOF that this man intended to harm the president they HAD NO F**KING right to arrest him and take his CC permit.

I think the call to arrest him was probably a gut judgment given the circumstances, though the legality is certainly tied into national security or something like that.

I think the call to arrest him was probably a gut judgment given the circumstances, though the legality is certainly tied into national security or something like that.

Police officers should not make "gut" arrests. Either they have probable cause to arrest or they do not.

I'll be the first to admit that this story confused the hell out of me. it's unclear if the perp had his CWL suspended prior to the obama incident or as a result of the incident because it mentions an earlier incident. also it's unclear if the arresting officer had prior knowledge about the perp that might have led him to an arrest. obviously just askign to see obam isnt enough to raise an eyebrow let alone arrest someone

what if he just wanted to give him a hug?
maybe he is so pratiotic that he decided to give at least one hug to every president since he was a child

after all he have a gun as a sign of his patriotism

That site has a shitty article on it. Heres a better link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36771723/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Police say they spotted McVey in an airport car-rental parking lot Sunday just after Air Force One departed. He allegedly had a note in his car with formulas used for firing a rifle with a scope but no rifle. Authorities say he was carrying a side arm. McVey gave authorities an Ohio driver's license, but a computer check failed to show the number was valid, police said.

Back