Marc Laidlaw retired from Valve

I noticed this conversation is conducted through Marc's supposed gmail address and you said you often spoke to him via this address? I must say this is unknown to me, all my correspondence with Marc over the years was with his Valve address. Are you certain that is legitimate?

There is naturally a deluge of questions asking Marc to confirm such things however I will have to wait until I have confirmation from my contacts at Valve before this is formal news. Thanks for posting though.

edit: Given how often we see fakes of this nature, I have to say this one might have more credence to it...

I noticed this conversation is conducted through Marc's supposed gmail address and you said you often spoke to him via this address? I must say this is unknown to me, all my correspondence with Marc over the years was with his Valve address. Are you certain that is legitimate?

There is naturally a deluge of questions asking Marc to confirm such things however I will have to wait until I have confirmation from my contacts at Valve before this is formal news. Thanks for posting though.

edit: Given how often we see fakes of this nature, I have to say this one might have more credence to it...
Marc is known for speaking to his fans, in fact he's spoken with them about the Half-Life lore through this account. You can see his messages to people through this account here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2503050

I emailed the message to the account listed in that page ([email protected]) and got this response. I've never had long conversations with him, though. Plenty of people in Reddit have already asked him for confirmation on this situation and so far seems like he's answered back to confirm it is not trolling: http://imgur.com/7cysESd

Sadly to say, since the account I emailed to is verified and this is the response I got it's safe to say at this point that this is real. I'll do everything I can anyways to prove this as real if someone else still doesn't believe these news.

Last edited:
Back