Maxtor HD

Xelnein

Reaction score
I've gone through today adding a bit of imporvements to my machine... no video card yet... but i did add a 120gig slave drive to my existing 40gig - and switched my cd drive slave to main and vice versa... however - it does see the hard drive and tells me that it does exist in properties. . . it does not show up in the "My Computer"... it detected it when we started the computer up the first time and asked if we would like to add the drivers and such, and of course i selected yes... why is this not showing up... what..the bloody..hell.
help please.
thanks.

zach.

;( ;( :eek: :eek: :dork: :x

active it and format it
dont do quik format

and presto

how, it doesn't give it a call name: ie C:\ et cetra.. there is nothing to format.. i have no idea how. 8-O

bios :D just format the whole freakin thing!! a full format will generally solve all software issues :p

OK, this is what to do.

Right click on My Computer, click on Manage. In the window that appears, click on Disk Management in the left hand column. At the bottom of the new window that appears, you should see Disk 0, Disk 1, CD ROM 0 etc.

Disk 1 should be the new drive, assuming you've set it to be a primary slave drive. Right click on the box to the right of the grey bit, (click delete partition if there's something already there), then click New Partition. Follow the instructions and you should get a working drive with an addressable partition. Oh, and format with NTFS unless you're using a dual-boot system. :)

Back