Medieval II : Total War Demo

Sweet jesus!
So many demo releases these past few days.

This was leaked the other day, runs like cack for me though. :(

If I get a decent computer anytime soon I'll definitely be buying.

Only the return of Sean Pertwee's gravelly voice can make this as good as the first

Downloading via BitTorrent :D

Yayz

Wasn't expecting it so soon

:E

wow, talk about out of nowhere. Only thing im worried about is of course how my comp will handle it. Im not worried about the gameplay, or at lease i shouldn't be, should I? As long as it has the same game mechanics as the first, or even RTW..........going to be an interesting 15 minutes

The demo doesnt work on computers that have Athlon XP CPUs :(

The demo doesnt work on computers that have Athlon XP CPUs :(

Nice of them to exclude such a large percentage of gamers, wonder if it's intentional :/

Moreover, wonder if it's also the case for the final release..?

ah well, what with gothic 3 getting pushed back, Dark Messiah it is.

I was impressed, it looks great and ran pretty good. I never really played much of the historical battles in the other games, The heart of the game is the campaign map for me but this demo has assured me that this title will be worth the money.

I only had a chance to play the tutorial (DAMN THAT IS ANNOYING ARRGH) but I expect the rest to be cool

a hell of a lot like rtw, grapics are pretty good and I didn't detect any low framerates at all which is good

Yes yes yes, but is sean pertwee doing the voice overs, you spavins nags?

Holy shit... there's a demo out?

I'm downloading... Medieval: Total War is one of my most anticipated games of this year(if it is coming out this year). Mainly cause I prefer the medieval era over the ancient era.

Downloaded the demo and it is pretty cool. The two battles were awsome! Kick French ass as the English, then kick more French ass as the Holy Roman Empire with Spanish allies. Seems to be running fine for me. One of the cool aspects of the game is that soldiers look bloddy and worn out after a fight, and clean and fresh before a fight. The only problem with this feature is that when a soldier dies, they automatically change to that red bloody color. It's strange, but doesn't bother me. Can't wait for the full game!

from the video that's included the civ world map part is much more appealing to me

Battle thing seems very, very similar to R:TW, but the campaign sounds zounds better. Plus it sounds like it could be a little more open-ended, but we'll see.

Agincourt was an incredibly easy battle, besides [Reallynotthatmuchofaspoiler] getting flanked in the ass by the second French general and cavalry[/spoiler] Just sit there and sort of pwn the enemy, rush in with KngHenry when necessary to drive them off the longbowmen...

The other battle was much more interesting, but I was dissapointed with the Spanish. On my game they ended up getting trounced, possibly because I assumed they would take care of themselves, instead of getting rolled over by a couple units.

Thank god for Zweihander and Halberdier kickassery. The arquebisiers were rather good too, much better than Henry's archer groups. The arques could handle a pikemen group by themselves with only a few volleys at close range. (Running back when they get close obviously)

Graphically, it's great, though there were some issues. One standout annoyance was every unit hit by flaming arrows dying in the EXACT same way, occasionally synchronized with another victim. People on fire hardly go down uniformly!

Everyone was moaning at 2142 for being like a BF2 mod, but this is much closer to a mod than that. At the end of the day it still plays like the very first Shogun did, and Rome was essentially Shogun with a map and 3D graphics.

I'll probably still buy this though, although I haven't played Rome in ages.

Very interested to try this out. Will download later tonight and give it a whirl....

Well, played the demo, or at least tryed to play it. Framerate drops if i zoom down close onto the field, and often, most other places,
unless i look in a certain direction :\ With this and MSF X, I'm certain this is a descent time to upgrade

tried the demo
i think they should have included some campaign gameplay instead of the historical battles, cause thats really what its all about
other than that, looked and ran great
loved rome: tw so ill definately be checking this one out

Ran great for me. Pretty fun, but I agree, they should have just done a campaign demo instead of historical battles. One of the biggest things for me is determining my own strategy for the battle, here you have your battle set up for you and you kinda have to play their way.

It played just like RTW (except shit+1 for line formation wasnt working for me), so if the campaign mode holds up ill buy it. And I dont think they could really screw up the campaign mode.

Do you have an AMD Athlon CPU?
nein.gif

At least I think not.

I'd like to share two awesome things with you, namely the deaths of King Francis.

First time, he was locked in combat with my Zweihanders, allowing me to execute a flawless Dual Pinwheel Flank with my General's Bodyguard and Halberd Militia. Francis is locked in fierce combat with the militiamen, and is already bloodied. Suddenly he turns and sees the Bodyguard smash into the rear of his unit, and Charles de Lennoy charges towards the King, intent on making a swift finish. A French bodyguard interposes himself between Charles and the King. He parries the first blow, but the second blow slays horse and rider as one, and the gallant knight falls slain. The King turns to meet Charles's blow, but at that moment one of the infantry thrusts at him, catches him with the hook on the reverse side of the halberd, and drags him off his horse, and another buries his blade in the king's chest with a bone-splintering 'thunk'.

Second time, same situation, but the King breaks free, and thunders towards my arquebusiers. Now anyone who's played TW knows that a general's bodyguard loose among your missile troops is a very bad thing. Yet cool as can be, the arquebusiers take aim, present arms, and with the king not five feet away, let fly. The French king is slain instantly and crashes down dead at the foot of the foremost German.

Charles de Lennoy and his cavalry, followed closely by a contingent of Zweihanders, charge up the hill and attack the French guns. It looked like the opening scene in the 300 Trailer. A wave of steel pushing the terrified French gunners off the edge of the cliff onto the spikes below. Epic. I am now officially hyped for the game.

SOUNDS HEARD DURING THE FIGHTING:

"Bash 'is 'ead in!"

"Behind you!"

"For the Emperor!"

"SCHNELL! SCHNELL!" (When ordering the cavalry to gallop).

Back