Memory Read Error after first level load...

N

nightblade097

Plz Help!!!

Every time I go to play HL 2 , I get the error: "The Instruction at 0x####### referenced memory at 0x#######. The memory could not be 'read' ".

Yes I realize this is far from the first thread regarding this, however, I have not seen a single thread regarding this error referencing to an error that happens immediately following the load for the first mission. All I want is some help. If your'e not here to help, instead, just to antagonize then please do not post.

My specs are:

Dell P4 2.2GHz
256Mb Ram (Yes, I know this is low, but it works with all the other software that came with HL 2)
40 Gb Hard Drive
Intel GE/GL/......... (64 Mb) graphics (again, I know this is bad, but it works with UT2k4, SW: Battlefront, etc.)

That's it. Please, any suggestions might come in handy with exception to those that are inflammatory.

Thank you.

I have tried steam's support center, and have tried all of the options suggested. No offense, but im not a noob. I also have tried numerous suggestions by players in and out of the steam forums area.

So thank you for the suggestion, but in my case, I've already tried it

Same here, and I get it at the initial loading screen (pre-main menu). This is only since the last patch. Valve refuses to respond. :flame:

well its good to know at least one person who has this problem in a closely similar way to my experience. I have had little luck with steam's e-mail support as well. Thank you for responding to my forum. It feels good to know that i'm not the only one with this exacty problem...

I had this same problem, and nothing helped until I did this.

Launch Steam, then select play games. Right-click on HL2, then select launch properties. In the launch options box, type in -dxlevel 90. This solved it for me. Hope it helps you.

Catalyst 5.3's, and the patches that Steam just downloaded, did nothing. GREAT WORK, Valve, I love your lack of fvcking customer service... :angry:

supersaint said:

Launch Steam, then select play games. Right-click on HL2, then select launch properties. In the launch options box, type in -dxlevel 90. This solved it for me. Hope it helps you.

Didn't work.

I'll have to try this when I get home today. Hope it'll work...

Originally Posted by supersaint

didn't work for me either...

Please feel free to offer any other suggestions.

"Originally Posted by Dominator5158
I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!!!!

OK DO THIS IT WORKED AND HAS NOT CRASHED FOR ME AT ALL...

GO HERE

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOURACCOUNTNAME\half-life 2

Then go into where you see Bin folder and then press CTRL+A then CTRL+C then go back to :

Then PASTE ALL OBJETCS!!!

Then COPy EVERY SINGLE THING AGAIN THT U SEE HERE :

EVERYTHINGGG!!! EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT
EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT EXCEPT
for
BIN folder and then go into BIN Folder and Paste and if it asks you to Replace Press YES!!!

AND IT WORKS!!!!!
works for me and others....i hope and i give you guys my best luck to get your game you payed for working!!!"

this seems to work for me... :D

hope it does for you...

Thats how most people get their problems fixed:Doing it themselves.

Back