Mesh does Dead Space

Who is this Mesh?

Edit: Oh, is he the guy that did those hilarious AvP2 playthroughs?

Well that's funny. I vote this one should stay open.

The whole elevator scene had me laughing so hard I had to pause it.

That elevator is what you get for perving on that girl's breasts for so long, Mesh. :-D

Glad they're releasing one every day instead of the once-weekly thing they did for AvP2.

Lol wow sorry about that Remus, literally while you were making your thread I was making mine. :-P

I just popped on the site and got totally mind f*cked for about a minute, saying to myself "I know I made this thread....wtf"

Heh, someone must've used stasis on their brains! [drumroll]

Mesh has a play style that slightly annoys me. Not so much when watching the video, but when, for example, I'm showing someone a game and letting them play. Or when watching a movie I know with someone, though that doesn't really relate to play style, but to attention. So it's more like an annoying quality.

There's important stuff being said, or something important going on and I kinda want the person I'm showing the game/video to notice that, get immersed, realise something. But instead that person focuses his attention on something unsignificant, makes an unrelated comment etc. and completely misses what's important.

That being said I enjoy the videos, but I feel that they had more going in the old Doom 3 or FEAR clips. Here it's 2-3 scares and the rest it the mildly funny stuff they say. I prefer the funny to come from the scares!

There's important stuff being said, or something important going on and I kinda want the person I'm showing the game/video to notice that, get immersed, realise something. But instead that person focuses his attention on something unsignificant, makes an unrelated comment etc. and completely misses what's important.

i get this a lot when i'm showing people something i really like, such as a game, movie or even a clip on youtube. i'm thinking in my head ''all you gotta do is pay attention for this one crucial point in about 10 seconds time and you'll realize what a clever piece of [writing, comedy, pacing, acting] this is i'm showing you!'' and it gets to that one point and they decide that's a good time to talk or look someplace else. really, they can't help it - how are they to know? - but sometimes it gets so aggrivating.

regarding your last point, i think it'll pick up as they go on. so far the two videos haven't really been spliced in their usual manner of showing a good portion of an introduction of a game, this time the two 12/13 minute videos literally are the first 20/25 minutes of the game. either they have a lot of videos planned for the future, or the next few are really going to step up the pacing.

I like that Mack was pretending to check his email, when he was obviously looking up a walkthrough. :-P

oh god lol.

"AHHHHHHHHH Boom. Boom. YEA BITCH, I'm a badass Marine" had me nearly in tears.

"AHHHHHHHH, I DON'T LIKE IT'S FACE" ****ing brilliant!

of all the places in dead space that made me jump, that maintenance room in video 3 is the most memorable to me. it happened in that video too, when mesh only became aware something was behind him by the fact that the camera angle picked up something shambling after him in the corner of this screen. never yelped so much in a game ever. room is ****ing annoying with how many come after you from different angles.

i don't think mesh has realized you can spin the angle of the power cutter yet, either :LOL:

I gotta be honest, I don't find him all that hilarious, is there something wrong with me?:(

I gotta be honest, I don't find him all that hilarious, is there something wrong with me?:(

Yes, very. very wrong. Nah, just kidding. It's not him I find funny, it's his wimpy reactions to on screen scares. I bet I'd be similar was I to be recorded. maybe I'll do something similar for the sequel.

i think i find it more interesting that i do funny, really. you can get playthroughs by the dozen on youtube, but here we actually get to see someone playing it and he is a funny wimp to go with it and that makes for enjoyable watching, personally.

His reactions are the key to the humor, but I also enjoy the banter as well. I think of it more as a casual walkthrough of a game with some funny guys with funny accents, more than a straight up "comedy" series. I can definitely see why some people wouldn't find it all that funny though.

I find it amusing how he's grown to cope with these games in some ways, yet still has the exact same reaction when anything happens. :)

Yeah, you can tell hes getting wise to the cliches now. "Oh, a flickering light, somethings coming out of that vent!"

This is making me want to play Dead Space again. I might get it on steam tomorrow after making sure it wasn't my secret santa gift (which I really doubt it was, since I don't think I've expressed any major interest in it on this board, but if it is, then yay!).

This is making me want to play Dead Space again. I might get it on steam tomorrow after making sure it wasn't my secret santa gift (which I really doubt it was, since I don't think I've expressed any major interest in it on this board, but if it is, then yay!).

I was half way through a playthrough with the completion armour and upgraded weapons so I resumed after watching these video's. Still a great game.

The end was probably his scare best ever, ahahaha! After a while he almost sounds like a money howling in fright. :LOL:

He's kinda growing on me now that I watch the newest video.

I really look forward to when he gets to

The part where you're stuck in a frozen down area with that regenerating necro chasing you through the entire section!

The part where you're stuck in a frozen down area with that regenerating necro chasing you through the entire section!

Yeah, parts 4 & 5 were the best I think. I don't remember that part you mention, but I'm looking forward to

the fight with the armored mini-boss in the big room with asteroids flying behind the windows.

I think part 6 is the last one, so I doubt it'll get to any of the bits you fellas mention. Which is a shame as it would be funny to see him playing the full game.

I think part 6 is the last one, so I doubt it'll get to any of the bits you fellas mention. Which is a shame as it would be funny to see him playing the full game.

i did think it was going to be quite a generous feat to release so many videos showing such small portions of the game, and that is a shame really.

edit: oh god the attempted execution at the end, so perfect :LOL:

Go back and watch him play FEAR and Doom 3. HL2.net has always been a fan of Mack & Mesh from those early days. We were especially excited when they picked up HL2 and Ravenholm! You can find the old videos through their youtube channel.

Back