MGS4 on 360 rumors might be true after all

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/919/919647p1.html

US, October 14, 2008 - According to a Tokyo Game Show report from Japanese investment research firm Morningstar, Metal Gear Solid 4 may find its way to the Xbox 360 after all. Morningstar published a general article covering multiplatform trends that features a quote from a Konami public relations representative that should fuel rumors for months to come. The rep is quoted as saying, regarding MGS4, "We're actively looking into a release for the Xbox 360." While this isn't a confirmation of it coming, it does lend hope to those Xbox 360 owners who haven't plunked down money on a PS3.

However, this little quote doesn't clear the major hurdle Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has listed for the title coming to Xbox 360. He has been quoted in several interviews saying a port was likely impossible due to the game being optimized for the PS3 hardware, specifically Blu-ray discs.

Not the least bit interested in the game itself, but it's interesting considering he's said it would be impossible due to it being specifically optimized for the ps3. We'll see.

I'll believe it when I get an official announcement. If it is true, it'll surely be multi-disc.

Ain't gonna happen. Hideo not going to let his baby go.

The infinite respawns of stupidass AI until you go past a certain point to trigger them off ruined it in 30minutes for moi. It's not worth the hype in my onions.

The infinite respawns of stupidass AI until you go past a certain point to trigger them off ruined it in 30minutes for moi. It's not worth the hype in my onions.

I think the same thing happened in Call of Duty 4. I found myself just rushing through shit because it got annoying.

I think the same thing happened in Call of Duty 4. I found myself just rushing through shit because it got annoying.

Yep but with MGS you lose the stealth element because the dudes you killed 3-5 times already respawn behind you, follow the exact same waypoints and bump into you again. :flame:

I'm very sure MGS2 was just individual AI placed in certain areas, once they were killed they don't come back.

Ain't gonna happen. Hideo not going to let his baby go unless it means he will get a lot more money.

Fixed.

And while I'm on the subject, anyone know the sales figures for the game so far?

$60.

The only person that bought it was the night manager of a Wal-Mart in Kansas.

I'll believe it when it's announced.

However, this would be a great game for 360 owners (I also own a PS3 so I've played this awesome game).

A 50 gig game is going to have a really hard time getting on the 360.

I believe the Lost Odyssey game for 360 was nearly 30gb(over multiple DVD's). Perhaps for MGS4 the didn't attempt much compression since they released they were using Blu-Ray. I think it would still be possible though.

Haha ... if you play it like a stealth game that really isn't a problem. As long as you kill people without anyone noticing they won't respawn. Even if someone notices you still have time to take em out before they yell or call for backup. Pretty logical ... decent system.

The areas where enemies continually respawn are rare. All of these are battle areas, but not all battle areas have this ... it's only used to give the feel of an epic war. You're not supposed to stand there shooting Arabs for twenty minutes, your supposed to either sneak through the battle or help your allies win it. And you don't win the battle or make them stop spawning just by walking forward like in CoD4, you actually have to make the front line move up.

The cutscenes are all rearl. :thumbs:

Also I would not be suprised if they ported it, considering how much money they poured into this ****in game.

It will be a lot of work (i.e. look at all of the assets/lines they will have to remove/replace so that--for instance--Apple isn't the machine of choice for uber-techies in a game for a Microsoft platform), but it might be done if money is the deciding factor. That seems to trump all these days. The question is, do that many 360 fans really want it??

It's the least replayable by far of the MGS games with the exception of the first two acts. Which is a shame as it has the best gameplay system of a MGS game yet(Octocamo etc) but the final 3 acts are really poor(once you get past the fanservice, this is more noticeable on a replay ofcourse).

Actually it's quite easy. You know that thing called compression? Yeah use that. Uncompressed video/sound chews up a tonne of space.

The multiple discs is the only real reason it will be run differently. To be fair, MGS4 isn't exactly pushing the power of the PS3 to any sort of limits. Still, they will have to do a lot of asset and dialogue fiddling to get it to pass Microsoft's acceptance process.
It wouldn't exactly push the power of the 360 to any sort of limits either.:)

404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040404

It wouldn't exactly push the power of the 360 to any sort of limits either.:)
No, I know. That is what I am saying: the idea that it could only be played on the PS3 because of the PS3's horsepower is clearly nonsense. We have not gotten that far in development yet. I do believe that it will likely come to that in a few years, but we will likely be seeing the XBOX 720 at that point anyway, so who cares? I don't know that I do even since I have not played this in ages. :(

They should remove 2 hours of the cutscenes for the Xbox 360 version. Two birds, one stone.

Back