Microsoft uses Half-Life 2 to show off DirectX 9

SpuD

Reaction score
"Microsoft hails Half-Life 2" as stated in an article by Yahoo. They say Half-Life 2 will take advantage of the capabilities and features by Microsoft’s DirectX 9
From Microsoft:
"We see 'Half-Life 2' as a new benchmark for the type of amazing experiences that can be delivered on the Windows® platform, and DirectX 9.0 is clearly serving as the catalyst for the development of these state-of-the-art games," said Dean Lester, general manager of Windows Gaming and Graphics at Microsoft Corp. "'Half-Life 2' emphasizes the trend we are already seeing: Games for Windows now deliver the most cutting-edge technology and immersive entertainment available anywhere."

Yes, when I first saw this story, the words 'Micosoft' and 'Half-Life 2' in the same sentence scared me too.

Maybe alot :)

I still think Nvidia should change their slogan to "Powered By Nvidia; OWNED By ATI".

And of course ATI should write on their page "The Catalyst Of DirectX9, Powered By The Catalysts" :)

I hope they don't go the way of 3dfx, if they do my next radeon will cost significantly more :(

LMFAO jake.

EDIT: is DX 9.0b worth the effort to go get it?

Back