Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Xen Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None they seem like they are all balanced some how

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
M

Major Reiser

Here is an idea from somebody who has no mapping/modding skills what so ever, but you might still be interested and if a team could be made to produce this mod i would be gratefull for eternity

This mod is set entirely in the HL universe and there would be multiple teams fighting for survival, there would be a massive world map which teams fight for control over by winning battles over the smaller maps that make up the world map. It would be set in the first day of fighting at BMRF

Players would fight around say a made up region much like what was done in Operation Flashpoint.

Teams would consist of

US Millitary: Fight around the New mexico area under the US millitary as a Soldier, Tanker, Pilot etc

Xen Warrior: Fight as either an alien Slave, Grunt, Controller.

Race X : Fight as one of Race X either a Shocktrooper or a
Pit drone

Black Op: Play as a Black Operative
Either a male black op or a female assasin

BMRF Employee : Fight as either a scientist or a Security Guard

Advantages and disadvantages of each team would be

US Millitary:
Advantage: heavy weapons, Decent numbers, Moderate health (stronger then real life but weaker then Adrian sheperd in Op4rce.

Disadvantage: Before you can fight you have to survive the hellish trip to BMRF

Xen Warrior:
Advantages: HIGH numbers, Strong, Ability to warp in anywhere that the Alien leaders choose, Immune to nuclear and biological chemical (NBC) threats, Ability to change vision type to NV or IR, and the ability to smell enemy's

Disadvantages: Only use weapons you start with, Generally low quality Weapons

Race X:
Advantages:
Ability to warp wherever Race X leaders choose, High Strength, Immune to NBC threats, Ability to change vision type to NV or IR

Disadvantages:
Only use weapons you start with, Limited numbers (Slow respawn rate)

Black Ops:
Advantages:
Best Weapons, Best mobility (ninjashit)
Strenght slightly higher then Millitary plus you auto reheal much like the armour would in the Black Ops mod.

Disadvantages:
Low numbers (Slowest respawn rate)
Have to survive trip to BMRF

BMRF Employees:
Advantages: Access to most parts of base from the start, Decent numbers, Some access to heavy grade weapons (MP5's, M16's Etc) from dead people and Hornet guns :D, Ability to use most of the equipment in the facility (Eg: Try and teleport accross the base, Or do the cool experimental killing things that gordon does in Questionable ethics)

Disadvantages: Weapon access generally sux or is random, Realistic health unless you were lucky enough to get a Guards armour

Basicly these teams would be fighting for control of the whole game area, taking an area could have usefull consequences such as Taking power station as Black Ops forcing the scientists hiding nearby who's power is supplied by the station to go without electricity.

Weapons could be the following

BMRF EMPLOYEE WEAPONS

(BASIC WEAPONS THEY COULD START WITH)
Beretta (I dunno which type) Pistol
Glock Pistol
Magnum Pistol
Spas Shotty
M16 (20rnd Mags) Rifle
Bolt action sniper rifle (not sure what)
Grease guns.

US MILLITARY

Beretta Pistol
Spas Shotty
M4 Carbine's
MP5's SMG's
Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
.50 Cal Anti Vehicle Sniper Rifle
M249 SAW's
Deagle .357
Auto Gun sentries
Satchel Charges
Trip wires
Hand Grenades
Laser Guided Rockets
LAW
Combat Knife

BLACK OPS

MP5's
M4's
Spas Shotty's
Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
US Socom Pistols
Trip wires
Auto Gun sentries
Satchel Charges
Combat Knife
RACE X

Shock Roach
Spore Launcher

And we could always do with some made up ones :D

XEN LIFE FORMS

Hornet Gun
Slave Electricity

Make up some more aswell

Oh to make things interesting

For the Black Ops to win they must deploy the "Package"
The black ops also have Infra Red goggles.

I would love to see this made and if enough people could be brought together it would be awesome

:bounce:

If anyone is interested in helping then plz PM me about it, i need coders, modelers artists etc.

I think the BMRF staff should get access to the experimental and wicked weapons tbh. after all, they are the scientists.

Originally posted by Major Reiser

Black Op: Play as a Black Operative
Either a male black op or a female assasin

Black Ops:
Advantages:
Best Weapons, Best mobility (ninjashit)
Strenght slightly higher then Millitary plus you auto reheal much like the armour would in the Black Ops mod.

BLACK OPS

MP5's
M4's
Spas Shotty's
Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
US Socom Pistols
Trip wires
Auto Gun sentries
Satchel Charges
Combat Knife

Don't you dare.........:) seriously.....that seems to be just another team based dm game.... have a good idea.....but don't use Black Ops.... we are :). Nah im kidding, sounds not too bad

Yes i believe they should, provided they have control of the Experimental Weapons Research Facilities, this would provide interesting strategies where they fight for use and control of some of the most powerfull weapons in the game. But of course there wouldn't be many of these guns

LOL MR badger how much of that post was serious?

It would just be another teamplay mod but im hoping it could have the few special features that might put it in front of the competion if it was done

Some of it was.....its just we're making an exclusively black ops mod....which i hope will be good....neway, go and voulenteer your opinion on our thread... Operation Everlasting Shadow (PLUG!)
and tell us what you think.....

Oh soz Mr Badger, i didn't intend for this to be competition for your mod just as a mp of what HL MP should have been if you know what i mean! :bonce:

(Page hasn't loaded up yet) but Besides isn't your mod a SP mod with Black Op's as the Character? If so then this mod should be quite different, What weapons have you stated your Black Ops are gonna use?

I could see this becoming a very cool mod. So long as the idea was worked on and didn't just become a team play mod. Perhaps if some story line was worked into the multiplayer. Like on some parts you played out parts of HL1 but on a larger scale, like part of the map is out of HL but then its been expanded on alot.

I think its a good idea. We dont know how HL2 multiplayer will work, so the idea about fighting on smaller 'maps' for a larger goal could work.

Yes this sounds really good:cheese:
would love to see this in the HL2 engine.
now, go make!

Thx for the support guys :D all i need now are Modellers, Coders and Artists, Allright if this mod idea appeals to anyone then please respond and PM me about joining i mainly require a coder, artists and modelers

Team NG would like to welcome Major Reiser as new multi-player team leader......Battleground: Earth will be Operation Everlasting Shadow's multiplayer mode! Comments please everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a long and fruitful mod relationship :)

Thx i am honoured i just hope i can provide a high level of entertainment and that this gets off the ground

Back