Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

The sole purpose of a teaser is to announce the games existense and other small details. Did it announce that Modern Warfare 2 exists? Did it give other details? Yes? Then it did it's job. It was also unique and original, and actually gave more details then some other game teasers (release date, hints at small details of the game's setting/story/etc).

I didn't get any hint of the setting and story. The teaser looked cool yeh but all I got from that was a release date but I don't care, I am sure it will be a great game.

Pretty meh teaser. I'm sure they could have managed something more attention grabbing, memorable and hype-worthy.

Yeah, but it sucked.
picture.php

Edit: This was actually directed at another post, but actually it's funnier if I just leave it here after Eejit's.

I AM AGREEING WITH YOU SO THERE.
picture.php

I'm puzzled as to how you all seem to think such a meager distinction saves this from being a worthless piece of crap. I don't think it even qualifies as a teaser. I'd say a more accurate description would be "release date preceded by some green shit no one cares about." Whoa, sound waves, slow the heck down guys. Oh my sweet ****, and they're neon green? Where do I pre-order?! :p

Anyway, yeah, hyped I guess, if only because of the series' pedigree. Hope they change things up a bit with the single player.

Can you say COVER SYSTEM???? :O :O :O :bounce: :bounce: :sniper:

I'm not saying it's good or crap. :p I, personally, don't expect either from a teaser as I know it's just a small hint of what is to come. I can't honestly remember the last time I was blown over by a teaser, though I can recall many trailers that do just that.

I didn't even know there was going to be a Modern Warfare 2, but now I've got a glimpse of this small snippet of information and I can consider myself teased good and proper.

do I am the only one that wasnt confused by the teaser?

it shows varios thing and confuses yes but is not like is that hard

someone posted a link whit all the detailed stuff

I thought it was a good teaser....it did what a teaser is supposed to do, which is to hype up the game while giving a few clues about the plot.

I loved CoD4, which I only got into around a month ago, and I can't wait to see what this one is like.

Bump.

Here is a cool analysis of the teaser done by GT. There are some interesting finds in there.

No 'Call of Duty' in the title. I hadn't noticed that the first time around.

Wait, didn't we already get this game with World at War?

Somehow I suspect the series will go in a more spec ops Rainbox Six direction.

Man, if it had a planning stage before each mission and allowed you to equip each squad member with different gear that'd be so awesome.
But, I doubt it... still a very fun series though.

Man, if it had a planning stage before each mission and allowed you to equip each squad member with different gear that'd be so awesome.
But, I doubt it... still a very fun series though.

I still don't get why that's too hardcore nowadays. Never had a problem with it when playing the first RS games. Made it extra fun.

I still don't get why that's too hardcore nowadays. Never had a problem with it when playing the first RS games. Made it extra fun.

I enjoyed it, but also hated it. If I wanted to just get into some action quickly, that didn't work...I'd always get raped because the planning wasn't enough.

Though, if it was just equip friends and that's it, that would rock.

I liked the teaser, it was a nice concept. I just wish they showed more outlines of people and stuff.

WTF, May 24th? Damn close, considering we only saw two teasers.

It's not coming out May 24th, there's going to be a big trailer May 24th.

I have seen trailer and as i can assure you next modern warfare's story is a completely "American Allied"story.In Cod:Mw 1 Arabs are always bad,USA/UK soldiers are always brave and they always kick Arabs and Russian "Terrosist"asses.Completely cliche!
(Yes I'm a fan of Cod series but i always hate storys like that and i think in Modern Warfare 2 we will fought in south America(If you watch teaser and trailer completly you will se))

That's the main thing I didn't like about COD: MW. The storyline was pretty lame and cliched.

Clichéd, yes but it carried off the cliché better than most. Maybe that's like saying a rapist deserves a more lenient sentence because they gave their victim a lovely mug of cocoa afterwards but even so.
What was good about it was that the US Army were idiots and the SAS were bastards, removing a lot of the tedious, blinkered, patriotic jingoism that usually shares a bed with the Russian-and-Arab-terrorist plot.

details people!

http://www.vg247.com/2009/05/12/modern-warfare-2-details-leak-out-of-next-game-informer-issue/

Modern Warfare 2 details are starting to leak out of the next Game Informer issue bit by bit.

Here’s what we know so far:

* No co-op in story mode, but separate missions reminiscent of CoD4’s Mile High Club include cooperative multiplayer.

* In the wintery bits of the game, snowmobiles will be used to escape attack, but it’s unclear whether players will be driving or shooting from the vehicles. Ice walls can also be climbed by alternating between the two triggers.

* A live-patching system will be implemented for online multiplayer, forgoing the need for a downloadable patch.

* Game will run at 60 frames-per-second, with better detail than CoD4.

* Riot shields, movable turrets and customized weapons for single-player enemies were mentioned.

* Gameplay’s a bit more open-ended than CoD4 but is still linear.

* Stealth can now be used if you like.

* Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

* The single-player campaign will be longer than it was in CoD4.

Holy ****, the possibility of them FINALLY removing the endless enemy generator AND CO-OP?!?!?!??!?

COD's future is looking brighter already.

Ah, the infinite enemy problem, the other reason I hated COD 4 sometimes.

Well I'm really excited...and although COD4's story was cliched, it was really well-presented and written. el Chi's points are pretty good too.

You could say the same thing about the HL series, actually...at it's core it was still just "humans vs. big bad aliens".

I think I'd let a man off if he gave me some hot-chocolate after rape.
It'd have to be really good hot-chocolate though.

And for that matter a pretty good raping.

Well, the COD series has always been about huge scripted sequences... I'm not expecting any less from them.
But, if they do fix the infinite enemy respawn problem it'll be a huge step in the right direction.

Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

Thank god for that, I was never too sure whether I could fight them out in my little hole, or whether I had to get a certain point to stop them from bloody spawning

* Infinity Ward’s working on fixing enemy respawn issues (CoD4’s enemies would constantly respawn unless a player crossed a certain line).

They make it sound as if it was a bug, not a conscious decision.

I see a lot of singleplayer details I don't care about. Where are the multiplayer details?!

Liking the SWAT team parts at the start. A part of me is hoping for a sheild unlockable for MP, but another part of me is saying it will be horrendous for gameplay. I guess we'll have to see if they're going to re-vamp the MP.

Teaser looks pretty good, though. Looking forward to this.

Shield would be good if it slowed you down significantly. That way you wouldn't be overpowered.

Back