Monitors Different colours?!

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So recently I have just thrown a new video card into my machine a 560ti + 2 new 24" monitors to go with it. (Both of which are the same) I've also just plugged in two bran new hdmi cables.

Now I have had this problem for quite a wile now and decided it was down to the monitors/cables/video card and thought replaceing the lot would fix it but it has not. My left monitor is slightly darker and warmer in tone then the left. Ive spent ages going through all the options and making sure they are the same within the monitor menus and cannot find anything in the windows options or nvidia control panel.

It's really grinding my gears. I do quite a bit of 3d work and photography and need both my monitors colour to be the same so its pretty important to get this sorted.

Are there any temprature colour controls with in windows that I might be missing?

Have you tried switching the cables (and sockets) to confirm that it is indeed the monitor's fault? How about switching the monitors on the desk - perhaps there's some sort of interference that's causing them to behave differently?

Perhaps you've set up a custom color profile in Windows? In Windows 7 just type "color" in the start menu and open color management, look if your monitors use the same color profile.

Anyway, the option "calibrate display" under the advanced tab is generally worth going through anyway as most monitors look worse than possible on default calibration.(IMO most monitors tend to look best with their brightness set high and gamma lowered in Windows until it doesn't look washed out)
It also provides some options for compensating color differences.

Almost always loose connectivity between the port at the card. What interface do you use (HDMI, Display port, DVI or VGA?), have you tried replacing the cable or swapping to another one of the outputs? Have you tried another monitor? Have you tried tooling with your video card's driver program or the on board monitor hue and saturation, and the windows settings as well?

If you can, try the display on another computer too.

Trying using JUST the odd colored monitor as a single display in the port that the correctly colored one is using, using the cable that the correct color monitor is using as well. Report results.

More often than not it's raw connectivity between video output and the monitor or television. Seen all the time at Geek Squad and I run my door to door business. Relatively easy to solve, worst case scenario is defective video card, typically this is an inexpensive or free self-repair deal, and most companies have generous RMA policies for a handful of years if it is the card or board.

Last but not least try uninstalling/reinstalling your video card drivers (through the add/remove programs menu, NOT with a program like Driver Sweeper, can't emphasize this enough).

Let me know how things are after these troubleshooting methods.

Back