More about HEV Suit?

Dragonspark

Headcrab
Reaction score
Yes, I do know how the suit works, it protects Gordon from a lot of damage, monitoring health, ammo etc. Despite of all this functions how does the suit assist Gordon to hold heavy things? And heavy thing here I am referring to the Gravity Gun, I read that the Gravity Gun only can be use by Gordon because he is wearing the suit, and others cannot use it properly because of its weight.
And also the part where
We were with Alyx in the sewer(I think) when she mentions how the foul the water was and jokingly asking the "got room for two" in suit which indicating that it is possible sterilize air as well?
Maybe there are something you people can share about the suit that don't usually mentioned on the internet?

p/s: Sorry for my messy English

What you read about only Gordon being able to use the gravity gun is untrue, as Alyx Vance uses it at the beginning of Half-Life 2: Episode Two to rip off and throw away the door to the train Gordon was stuck in, and picks it up so that she can give it to Gordon in Black Mesa East. I would assume that Gordon can hold heavy things because of the fact that the HEV could double as a sort of exoskeleton. Of course, I'm not sure of this.

The Gravity Gun cannot be easily carried with one hand... i dont think many people know this despite the fact that gordon uses the two of his hands all the time...

I think the reason why Gordon can hold the Gravity gun and Alyx not is just that Gordon is a male person and so is stronger by nature, simple as that.
Alyx herself said, where the player got introduced to the gravity gun, that THEY use the gravity gun for heavy lifting an so on, so people at Black Mesa East used it too.

Besides Gordon can hold 10 weapons simultaneously :wacky:

Gordon is possibly a strong person without the suit, and the suit doubles that. So, that explains why Gordon hold the 100-pound gravity gun like a feather.

Back