More GDC '04 Information

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I signed up to SOFTIMAGE's mailing list a while back, and today I've received an e-mail with a little bit more about what they'll cover in the demonstrations and also a link to sign up to hear even more info about SOFTIMAGE's special cutdown version of XSI they're releasing in conjunction with Valve called SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for HL2.

We've been hearing about that for a while now and it seems as though it'll finally see the light of day. We're getting closer! Here's the bulk of the information anyway.

The highlight of this year's event will be a special session with ATI and Valve entitled "Creating Characters, Models and Environments for Half-Life 2". This session will cover the entire character creation and build process, from choreography and character layout using the dedicated Valve Source Engine tools, to the deployment of the resulting character in a sample environment.

Learn how to make and animate high-quality Half-Life 2 characters with the free 3-D art environment, SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2. Instruction will include modeling, texturing, enveloping, animation, and the all important export pipeline. Hosted by John Morello (DoD animator/designer, Valve) and Michael Isner (Softimage Special Projects). These seminars are presented in cooperation with ATI - Get in the Game.

To find out more about the SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2, click here. We will keep you informed on all the breaking news involving this awesome product and more details about the session.

I know :D

It's like we're getting closer too :bounce:

:bounce: Ok just signed up, kinda technical they asked what my current role in the 3d indistry was /answer freelancer I guess my job working with building blocks ( Tool&Die Maker ) was ok. It didnt seem like a sign up for just anyone.

They asked me what type of programs I owned/used /answer none of the above but as soon as they send some on over, i'll get right to work on it. :farmer:

I only signed up because it mentions special edition to the EXE, still very new to HL stumbles around in the dark..

Now I have to ask is there a standard editor that comes with the game / special edition are those things I will have to buy extra ?

Edit: Ya like mentioned above me who can sign up. Well I guess I just squezzed my fanny on in that line when it says limited edition I sign first and ask questions later.

when will it be, the gdc? i asked here before and someone said it takes place in the middle of march. but on the other side, i heard it would be at the end of march...

Back