Motherboard/CPU combo

S

Shyguy

Correct me if I'm wrong but this IS a mobo/CPU combo...

http://www.partspc.com/store/product3306.html

Also if paired with lots of ram and a nice video card will this run half life 2 and other new games ok?

Is this a nice motherboard and CPU??? I know its good but not sure if i should buy it. What kind of case would you recommend for this motherboard??? Nothing fancy hehe!

Thanks for input!!!
-Kyle

No it won't, your computer will blow up, killing you and your family, plus your dog, if you have one. Even if you don't have, it will kill some dog somewhere.

lol @ Reak :LOL:

bleh, another hardware thread
banghead.gif

Yea, that should be good enough for HL2. Just add 512MB or more RAM and get a good graphics card. As for the case, look for something with good air flow.

DONT BELEIVE JAGER! HES JUST AGAINST DOGS

U BUY THAT AND THEN IT WILL CAUSE WORLD WIDE CATACLYSMIC EVENTS THAT WILL LEAD TO THE DESTRUCTION OF a dog some where.

And worse! yet! my dog!!, its called Lady (crap name), and its a lovely dog :D,very nice, I love it

VIA mobo chipsets = crap, they have too many errors/bugs with graphics cards.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
VIA mobo chipsets = crap, they have too many errors/bugs with graphics cards.

instead of saying its just crap maybe you should point out a good mobo then...

nforce2 ownz.. and it has a nice 6 channel onboard sound to, so you wont need to buy a sound card :)

I would agree, here. The Nforce2 mobo is a very high quality mobo in my opinion...I'm seriously looking into buying one for my new computer, as I am going to University in the coming months and am on a fairly strict budget here. Getting the Nforce2 saves me money by removing the need for an audio card (and, from what I've heard, the Nforce2 is actually fairly good for a sound card replacement), and saves me worry because it's still a high quality mobo.

-Vert

ok, ur best bet with amd is the kt400 chip. i recomend the athlon xp 2000+ - 2600+ and an abit kd7 mobo. the kd7 is made by abit which is reliable and has 4 ddr ram slots insted of the normal 3. also u can only lead to problems when buying a mobo with built in products....ie the soundcard. the ad7 is a 266 fsb which is good enough. u cant really tell a difference with the 333 fsb and 400fsb is just way overpriced.

Ridic, in most cases I would agree with you. On the 'problems with built in components' part. However, in the Nforce 2's case, at least from what I've heard from all the reviews, this is a unique case. It's a quality product, and substitutes a sound card quite well.

-Vert

well, i have heard good things about the nforce2 but never used one so i cant say. i have just usaly sticked to the no built in components part.

I recommend not to take Ridic's advice, if you're looking into AMD (no offense, Ridic). Any nForce2 motherboard would destroy a KT400 in a benchmark/performance test.

well im just suggestion what will run hl2.

and depending on your money...if its not object then definitly go with the nforce....but if u have a limit(like me) then i suggest the kt400 chipset and an abit mobo.(or whatever mobo brand u like) its cheap, but just because the nforce is better then the kt400, by under no circumstances dose it mean it sucks. they are the 2 best chips for amd, and like everything else, it all depends on your wallet. i suggest not getting an nforce if all ur gonna spend is like $1000. you could make a better system with a kt400 then the nforce, though if ur speding up like $1,500+, then definitly go for the nforce.

You act as if an nForce2 cost alot of money. There a couple of good nForce2 boards under $100.

hehe.....maybe ill consider buying one then...i just...owell.

Back