Movies based on games that are or will be released.

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Released:

Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
Super Mario Bros.
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
House of the Dead

[======================================]

Coming soon:

Far Cry
Spy Hunter
Bloodrayne
Doom
Deus Ex
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Mortal Kombat: Domination
Alone in the Dark
Driver
Fatal Frame
Half-Life - Dont think this is the game.
Metroid
Silent Hill
Tekken

[======================================]

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/556768p1.html

A lot more movies based on games in the above link but i didnt list them because they werent on IMDB.

(I ask a mod to be able to edit this thread as more movies are announced, ty)

List updated Oct.23 2004

Dishonorable mentions:
Street Fighter
Wing Commander
Double Dragon

I never even heard of Double Dragon, and it was clearly a stinker, but suprisingly I recognize the lead three actors (such as Robert Patrick from Terminator 2). And conincidentally, this actress is in DD and the "Half-Life" movie (that probably is not based off the game).

That filmforce list was a nice find. I'm looking forward to American McGee's Alice.

niiiiiiiiiceeee
fatal frame movie
i loved that game, scariest iv ever played

Silent Hill seems to be the only one that has any sort of hope. But only because Robert "Pulp Fiction" Avery is writing it, and the director seems to have one or two credible horror movies under his belt.

Goddamn, stop Uwe Boll before he creates such a concentrated mass of suckage that the earth is pulled into a black hole.

He had his chance with house of the dead, and ruined the concept of film. Why in hell would anyone give him two more game franchises?

Raziel, out of curiosity, why have you still left Street Fighter and Wingcommander out of the list on steampowered?

Oh, and check the production notes on IMDB for Deus Ex: "Comments: Production cancelled"
(too bad)

You forget Final Fantasy, though it's better you did.

Recoil said:
Isn't that... you know... GTA Vice City...?
Scarface Game Announced
Vivendi desperately wants a game like GTA: Vice City. So much so that they've signed an agreement to publish a game based on a popular 1980's gangster movie starring Al Pacino, Scarfice. "Say hello to my little friend!!" The movie ironically served as inspiration for Rockstar North's GTA: Vice City. In a way, the circle is now complete and everybody is stealing off of everybody and there are no original ideas anymore.
more here

not exactly news, was announced a month ago or so :)

Ill update the steamforum thread very soon with the ones i missed. I wish i could update this thread but eh. Go check out the steam one its a lot better and more movies listed.

I'm only looking forward to MK3... everything else is crap.

Some_God said:
I'm only looking forward to MK3... everything else is crap.

WowoW! have you seent he Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailers? Thing looks INSANE!

you forgot about the next Resident Evil movie, Afterlife, they've already been talking about it

Back