Movies based on video games

f|uke

Reaction score
Ok, theres been plenty of "what if there was a hl2 movie" threads. And in them someone invaribly mentions that movies based on games are crap. I dont think this is always the case.

Help me list all of the movies based on games, and give your opinions on them!

Heres ones that I can think of -

Good:
Mortal Kombat I (true to the game, solid action)
Final Fantasy (Great animation! But I'm not sure what it have to do with the game)

Total Shite:
Super Mario Brothers
Mortal Kombat II

I've never seen:
Tomb Raider I & II
House of the Dead
Resident Evil

Good:
Mortal Kombat I: I see part of one but didnt remenber
Final Fantasy yes best animations ever but not was soo good

Total Shite:
Super Mario Brothers: if is the one I one I remenber you are right!
Mortal Kombat II
the same whit the 1

I've never seen:
Tomb Raider I & II:good but not enought
House of the Dead:never see it
Resident Evil: good but if you are a fan of the game you will not like it too much

Don't forget upcoming movies. Final Fantasy Advent Children is gonna kick ass whether or not you like the game....:thumbs:

Anthraxxx said:
Don't forget upcoming movies. Final Fantasy Advent Children is gonna kick ass whether or not you like the game....:thumbs:

but thats a exclusive movie for PSP only?

House of the deas was on the theater for 2 weeks, never even reached first place.

Resident Evil 1, was kind of crap, can't stand Michelle Rodriguez, 2 was a little bit better. But the ending was total shit.

I dug these up,. somehow I thought there was more.

Wing Commander
- Another pathetic flick
Resident Evil 2 (never seen)
Double Dragon (never seen)
Final Fantasy Advent Children (thanks Anthraxxx)

These movies are in production:
Silent Hill (could be good!)
Far Cry (woah. but that game had no plot!)
Mortal Kombat Domination (why?)
Alone In The Dark
Bloodrayne

Damn. Looks like this is becoming more popular. Is Hollywood that short on ideas?

I also found this and got psyched for a sec:
Half Life (2006)
but it appears that it is not based on the game.

I was a little disappointed when I watched the Final Fantasy movie. The animation was awesome, but the setting was rubbish.

Adrien C said:
Doom 3 also and Duke Nukem
Ooh, so there is a Doom movie,. not Doom 3, just Doom. I cant find anything in IMDB on Duke Nukem tho.
Tredoslop said:
Prince of Persia.
Eh? Any link? Nothing on IMDB.

Doom, Duke Nukem , Spyhunter and Farcry, are all supose to be made by the Rock.

Resicent Evil wasn't so bad.

I saw it with my mates expecting total shite - and was pleasantly suprised (not a great flick by any means, though :))

What about the Street Fighter anime (that count as a film?) That was sweet \o/

Resident Evil 1 & 2 were good, also Final Fantasy: Spirit Within.

I didn't mind Wing Commander ;)

f|uke said:
Ooh, so there is a Doom movie,. not Doom 3, just Doom. I cant find anything in IMDB on Duke Nukem tho.Eh? Any link? Nothing on IMDB.
I found it on the Prince of Persia forums. The link didn't work for me, but it did work for others. It was on www.yahoo.com.
Jordan Mechner is working on the script and the movie is in the hands of Jerry Bruckheimer. Someone even told me that the movie was going to be made by Disney.

Tredoslop said:
I found it on the Prince of Persia forums. The link didn't work for me, but it did work for others. It was on www.yahoo.com.
Jordan Mechner is working on the script and the movie is in the hands of Jerry Bruckheimer. Someone even told me that the movie was going to be made by Disney.

by Dysney?

Back