New Info for the PS3 from PSM

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
From Gamefront.de , Translated by Babel Fish Translation

The American ' PlayStation of magazines ' (PSM) published new details in its current expenditure to the PlayStation3 as well as some plays, which come directly from the developers (thanks on shadowofomioc).

- a developer indicates that the play development is easier on the PS3 than on the Xbox 360.

- Sony already accepts orders for the final development kit of the PS3, which are sent away in December 2005 to the developers.

- plays, which appear on several platforms (Xbox 360, PS3), would look almost alike. Optically only the titles would stand out, which were developed particularly for a hardware.

- for the PS3 there is to be etc., which can be compared with Xbox Live one from the first day to a ' on-line Community ', completely with Tracking of friends, intelligence services. In addition after distribution of the PS2-Netzwerkadapters a unit was created briefly with Sony CEA, which was occupied in detail with the PS3.

- world-wide should be available the PlayStation3 before summers 2006.

- on the Tokyo Game show 2005 should not be so strongly represented the PS3 yet. But Sony wants the console on the CES in January 2006 in read Vegas clearly more largely to present.

- should the PS3 in March 2006 appear, could only one few roofridge party title as well as two to three of I/O appear. In addition probably still another third offerer title would come.

- Madden NFLdeveloper Tiburon has the PS3 development hardware already longer than possibly another US developer. Skirt star North has the kits at least since August 2005.

- skirt star North develops a completely new ' Game engine ' for GTA 4 on the PS3. They use the high data transfer range of the CELL CCU to use RSX GPU at the same time and Blu ray Disc around several Streams with play information. The city in GTA 4 is to look as realistic at the end as in reality, equally humans are to behave more realistically.

- a source described Metal Gear Solid 4 opposite the PSM as a mixture from Rambo and Black Hawk down. Snake is to therefore be in an urban theater of war, where artillery projectiles switch all possible covering off around him and computer-controlled partners beside Snake fight. In addition a new 3D camera comes.

In addition the PSM published a provisional list with plays, which are to be the console in work (most titles are confirmed):

Activision
Spider-Man 3

Bandai
Mobile Suit Gundam

I/O
Need For speed Underground 3
Madden NFL 2007
Medal OF Honor
NBA Live one 2007
Fight Night Round 3
Def Jam 3
Tiger Woods PGA route 2007
New SSX
New Burnout

Majesco
The Darkness

Buena Vista Interactive
Pirates OF the Caribbean: DEAD Man's Chest

Capcom
Return of a popular flogging play series ( Street Fighter?)
New Ghouls N ' Ghosts
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5

RockStar
GTA 4
Western Actionspiel (probably talk DEAD gun 2)

Sony
New play of the team ICO
Genji 2
Warhawk
I-8
The Getaway 3
Killzone 3
Gran Turismo 5
New Hot Shots gulf
MotorStorm
Eyedentify
Heavenly Sword
Formula One 2007
New Wipeout

Sony on-line Entertainment
Marvel Comics MMORPG
Nameless Fantasy MMORPG

Namco
Tekken 6
Ridge Racer 6

Eidos
Tomb Raider NEXT gene

LucasArts
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Indiana Jones (comes at the same time with the new film raus)

Konami
Metal Gear Solid 4
Suikoden
Castlevania

Midway
UT 2007
Mortal Kombat
Stranglehold

Atari
Test drive Unlimited

THQ
New WWE project

Sega
Fifth phantom Saga
Sonic The Hedgehog
Condemned: Criminal Origans

Tecmo
Fatal Frame 4

Ubisoft
Prince OF Persia 4
Killing Day

Koei
Ni-oh

Furthermore in work: Dark second gate, Dirty Harry, Battle fishing rod Alita, Project Avalon, Endless Saga, Lair, pos session, Death Jr., metronome, Psychopath, finally Fantasy XIII and Alan Wake.

holy crap... Snake is going rambo? I know many people will become suicidal when they hear this... and many others will be jubilant.

took a little while to read, but thanks for the info
I kinda figured MGS4 would have to be in an urban environment when they first said there was "nowhere to hide"... but MGS4 in a city will be fun as crap, maybe there'll be disguises so you can look like a civilian, which would rock
can't wait to see their online solution and interface

....You played MGS3 didn't you? He practically was Rambo.

And plus, they're only saying that the setting is like Rambo and Black Hawk Down, in a urban enviroment with a more warlike atmosphere which is what everyone predicted.

GTA4 interests me a lot :).

nice info

and the idea of a rambo snake dont sound bad but I hope the game to keep in the same genre

<RJMC> said:
nice info

and the idea of a rambo snake dont sound bad but I hope the game to keep in the same genre
with Hideo at the helm there's no reason to fear :smoking:

DeusExMachinia said:
GTA4 interests me a lot :).

Same here, but are Rockstar still on an exclusive contract with Sony that will eventually be broken 3 years down the line or so with the release of a GTA 4 and Mice City double pack on the 360?

a friend told me they will show the first MGS4 In-Game Shots this week in Famitsu Magazine

KillZone 2 on the PS2 next year, i remember i read that somewhere

DigiQ8 said:
KillZone 2 on the PS2 next year, i remember i read that somewhere

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/644/644707p1.html

Yea, it's suspected that in early 2006 there will be a PS2 version of Killzone2... There will either be a beefed-up version for the PS3, or it will be Killzone3...

Remember, this was touted as a Halo killer, so it's probably more than likely they want to start coding the PS3 version ASAP so that it's a launch title, and thus will crush Halo3 if it all goes to plan.

In concept art Sony released earlier this year, it said "Killzone 3" on it, and it showed vehicles from the PS3 trailer...
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/img_2851645.html

So who knows at this point :p

I know I know!
They want it Killzone 3 so Halo 3 dosn't sound superior!
You know how Microsoft thought PS3 sounded superior than XB2.
When will these idiots learn.

Minerel said:
I know I know!
They want it Killzone 3 so Halo 3 dosn't sound superior!
You know how Microsoft thought PS3 sounded superior than XB2.

In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt it if that was one of the reasons.

Iced_Eagle said:
In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt it if that was one of the reasons.

I believe they admitted it. Thats why its 360, because its just 60* hotter, or cooler, depending on how they want you to look at it.

Minerel said:

Au contraire, it's the consumers that are idiots. They decided on their name according to them.

Nothing wrong with that.

Absinthe said:
Au contraire, it's the consumers that are idiots. They decided on their name according to them.

Nothing wrong with that.

It's actually smart marketing :) Absinthe is right.

Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to MGS4 and GTA4.
Hmmm, this has just boosted my interest in the PS3, wasn't really that intested in it at first.

Back