Multiplayer Portal

Gmodtrash

Reaction score
I have been trying to make a multiplayer Portal Server but I cant seem to find the command to start the server. Does any one know this console command?

I am not a professoinal modder so feel free to point out anything I am being an idiot about.

I think it's something like this (this way how multiplayer was done before HL2DM):

disconnect
net_start
sv_lan 1
deathmatch 1
maxplayers 16
map <map>
restart

lol Cool. But, i think you should leave it to VaLVe or steam :D This is hard. Even they are having trouble. Well, actually, your doing pretty good. So, you've made some maps for multiplayer?

Anyways, nice work.
Keep it up

Portal doesn't allow multiplayer (it crashes IIRC).
There are only two multiplayer portal gun options that I know of:

Exite - a multiplayer HL2 mod with portals.

The portal gun addon for Garry's Mod.

Both were developed before Portal was released so, naturally, their implementation of the portal idea is no where near as good as what is in Portal.

/agrees with Operational

They are the only ways to get Portal in Multiplayer mode, don't use the Garrysmod Addon, its rubbish, glitchy and laggy. It also massively increases loading times, especially on Multiplayer which is obviously where you want it. Use Exite, last time I checked, it didnt work. But I'm not sure if it works now, I might have a search...

EDIT: Wait! I was thinking of a different mod. There is a multiplayer version of Portal being developed. AciD told me about it awhile back. That is what didnt work. Dunno if it does now though :S.

ok, but exactly wat multiplayer game types r u planing?

Back