Mumbling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Min Rizor

Reaction score
Though I'm not having much luck in doing the same with the G-man's "mumbling" wavs, I've deciphered most of the speech in the scientist's "mumbling" wav. The filename is c1a0_sci_mumble.wav and is located in the main Half-Life pak file, (the \valve\ directory) pak0.pak\sounds\scientist\

"I've told you a hundred times *? ? ? ?? ?* (putting?) the equipment (beyond?) (it's?) (test) levels."

And given that, I'm working on deciphering the G-man's samples. If you have nothing better to do, why not crack open that pak file and help me out? Heheh.

i think the end boss's wavs are a lil more amusing and give a lil more info....we are slaves, u are man...he is not...he is waiting for u.
somfin like that...:dozey:

Note: me and min have broke off our engagment.

You are not alone in the task of uncovering the G-Man quotes! If you wonder what the Nihilanth quotes are, go to Page 9 bottom of the Theories thread, or simply ask me to repost them here.

G-Man’s Ending Speech

Gordon Freeman, in the flesh… or rather in the Hazard Suit… I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons… most of them were government property… as for the suit; I think you’ve earned it.

The border world… Xen… is in our control… for the time being… thanks to you… quite a nasty piece of work you managed over there… I am impressed…

That’s why I’m here, Mr. Freeman… I have recommend your services to my (Pause, hesitation, mumbling) employers… (sigh) (Rushed) and they have authorized me to offer you a job, they agree with me that you have limitless potential. (/Rushed)

You’ve proved yourself a decisive man, so I don’t expect you’ll have any trouble decided what to do… If you are interesting, just step into the portal and I will take that as a yes.

Otherwise… well… (Nervous Sounds) I can offer you a battle that you have no chance of winning… Rather an anti-climax of what you have just survived… (Sounding like he didn’t want Gordon to say no)

Choice: No
Well… it looks like we won’t be working together… no regrets, Mr. Freeman… but there are a few survivors of your personal holocaust… who would like the chance to meet the man responsible… for the total annihilation of their race.

Said as if he was feeling sorry/regretful for you choice. Several points said as if he were threatening you into reconsidering (My sound went all weird for this one, so he might actually not have sounded like that)

Choice: Yes
Wisely done Mr. Freeman, I will see you up ahead.

Sounds excited (Go figure). Notice how much SHORTER it was than the No choice. Meaning he really DID want you to say yes.

Some of his s’s were said strangely and pulled out like, “limitlesssss”. Rather odd, yet still, perhaps he is suppose to talk that way.

G-Man's Mumbling (I can't figure out ANY of these...)

4th reply: "I want you to give me an answer you won’t regret!"

{Edit- Found at that scientist wav for you. It is...
"I told you a hundred times, I am opposed to putting the equipment beyond the test levels."}

Sounds like Freeman had a little help in screwing up that experiement, further adding to my G-Man theory... Dum dum dum...

I have figured out the Gman_Mumble5.wav

it says "My employers think its greed"

still trying for the rest

How do i open .pak files? :bounce:
i want :cheers:
i am a :borg: that hats :cat: :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back