Mynecraft.com and Halloween Update

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
From Steve. I didn't send any e-mail out to him, this is a mass mailing to all the mynecraft server owners I think.

Dear Timothy,

Your server is currently inoperable, and I thought it best to address that.

As you may well know Notch updated everyone to the latest version of Minecraft. While he didn’t get everything in that he wanted to, the majority of what he promised has come through in the update. This is of course with the exception of multiplayer. It seems the most popular aspect of his game (multiplayer) takes a back seat for the third update in a row.

I cannot say why this is, or if it will ever change. Notch is making his own game, and he doesn’t have to release it to manufacturers for testing. We did get a couple of early copies of the server. One with working hell gates in fact, but that wasn’t released in the end.

The server software is going to be updated tomorrow from Notch. Right now, the version of the server software is glitchy. Not in the sense that health still doesn’t work, and a few other things are broken, but because it freezes when loading with any command-line configuration.

It will start creating a map (or reading an existing map), and freeze when loading. So there’s not much we can do at the moment to get your server running.

The version of the server software we received last week was enough for us to make sure the control panel integration wasn’t going to be an issue. So we have that much covered. We just need a working server at this point.

The protocol for the client software you run on your computer was updated as well. This now prevents you from connecting to your old server. So that’s a bust too.

We’ll have this all sorted out within the next 24 hours. I emailed Notch, but I can’t expect him to reply right now. If he cannot release a new version of the server software, I do have a way to allow you to connect to your previous server version. I just need his ok on that.

That’s where we at.

The test server: test.mynecraft.com is up, and running the new software. If you want to take a look at the new server software in action. I encourage it. I’ve taken every username on mynecraft.com and added them as admins. Let the mayhem ensue. I know a lot of you want to go fishing.

More updates to come as soon as I have more to tell you. No one is being charged right now either, as long as the downtime persists. It will cost you nothing.

Thanks,
Steve

Don't really understand what's going on here.

We need a reliable minecraft server (obtainable elsewhere).

Conjecture on the state of minecraft is really none of Steve's business, if he spent more time making his servers less shit, he wouldn't need to send out and messages at all.

I would add a qualification to my message, that i have been out on the booze for haloween, and i'm not int he bes of shapes, bit steve needs to STFU and fic the server of he can **** off.2

Oh lawd. Notch pulled a Garry.

Don't really understand what's going on here.

We need a reliable minecraft server (obtainable elsewhere).

Conjecture on the state of minecraft is really none of Steve's business, if he spent more time making his servers less shit, he wouldn't need to send out and messages at all.

I would add a qualification to my message, that i have been out on the booze for haloween, and i'm not int he bes of shapes, bit steve needs to STFU and fic the server of he can **** off.2

It doesn't appear to be Mynecraft.com's fault this time. I loaded up my test server with the current version from minecraft.net and it wouldn't run. I tried with and without a server wrapper.

I saw we revert to the previous version until SMP gets fixed. At least we're able to do that and not have our servers go down for days because of Garry's ****ups.

Bump.

I don't know what the issue is, but I got my server running successfully. Sadly, this meant purging my install and starting over fresh. I tried deleting server.properties and then without the server mod. My server still shut down immediately. The other text files shouldn't have effected it, since they appear to be in the same format as I have now. I'm afraid that the world directory is incompatible with the new update.

Speaking of the reddit server. @_@

wat-1.png

What halloween things are working?

Portals are a no go. You can make them, but they won't send you to Hell.

Yeah, it's easier to say what is not working. Everything that didn't work before, still doesn't work. The Nether doesn't exist (even if you enable it in server.properties) and this setting doesn't seem to effect the creation of portals which are cute to look at but make an annoying repeating booming sound every minute. I haven't built a watch, but I assume it works. It's just like making a compass, but with gold instead of iron.

Biomes work on new servers. Haven't tested on ours for obvious reasons. We should decide the best place to put it. I say look on overviewer where some asshole walked in one direction for hours and put a warp point there. This will keep our map size ruffly the same and take advantage of the explorers work. Glancing at the overviewer, I'd say north would be best, where the L-shaped land is. The surrounding area will fill up with biome prettiness for the people who want it and hopefully it'll blend in enough that it'll work well for those people.

I made a fishing pole last night with some of the string I had acquired way earlier from a dungeon.

I caught a couple fishes, but couldn't pick any of them up.

Back