Napalm Gun In HL2

P

Puddy1

The napalm kinda gun is not shown in the Fileplanet video. It is however seen in a gamespot video. The video starts off with these flying things chasing Gordon, after running away from them Gordon takes out the napalm gun. Shoots a combine above him and then takes the other out with a pistol. This gun shoots like an arc, like a grenade launcher. It is a rather big gun too. This gun is in the 4th Gamespot movie of E3 coverage.

I don't think it's a napalm gun, it's probably an incendiary-grenade launcher. I think the incendiary grenade could be the grenade launcher's secondary fire.

or maybe like in UNREAL 2, it has sperate forms of ammuntion...

FRAG, INCENIARY , EMP etc

Notice that at the begging of the video he picks up some of ammo for that gun (I think). With any luck, tomorrow will have a much better quality version of it :)

Here is a pic

http://www.******/weapons/images/incendiary.jpg

I love how the guy caught on fire and fell down the long stairwell.

Originally posted by Gojin
I love how the guy caught on fire and fell down the long stairwell.
Yeah, that was one of those 'great moments in HL2 physics'. The combination of the fire, and ragdoll tumbling. Subtle yet perfect. Just throw in the magic of HL2, and get him running screaming before he falls to his death... ah. (I need help).

Yeah it does look a mint gun, looking like a Gren launcher to me

On another note the rifle used in the ant lion scene of the E3vid the scope image changes relative to where you are, very clever

And the zoom effect of the rifle scope (or was it the MP7?) when he aims at the Combine solider in the tower (Barney scene) was very slick, too. (Notice the blurred black edges of the view while zoomed).

Dude, if you add the magic of the source engine, the scene becomes crazy. He's an NPC that you had a convo with, and seemed human, then later on for some crazy reason you gotta fight him. I'm expectin' to see emotion like FF7 had (maaaaaybe, since HL2 looks so real) Or some good single player mods which will be unforgettable.

it was the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) - M29 with the green scope and the MP7 in the barney scene

Originally posted by FiShEh
it was the OICW (Objective Individual Combat Weapon) - M29 with the green scope and the MP7 in the barney scene
Thanks for the info. Planethalflife (http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/weapons/) seem to have updated the weapons info, including the 'grenade launcher'. Though, as this thread shows, it seems to have the greatest amount of uncertainty about just what exactly it is. Should be more than just a grenade launcher, since the M-29 can launch grenades, too.

Originally posted by djkanuk
, and get him running screaming before he falls to his death... ah. (I need help).

i havent seen the vid, but does he scream? 'cuz if he does that reminds me of red faction 1, where you can throw a satchel charge oh the workers and they will run around screaming, waving their hands in the air till you blow them up.
very, very, very funny in a sick kind of way.

Originally posted by stigmata
I don't think it's a napalm gun, it's probably an incendiary-grenade launcher. I think the incendiary grenade could be the grenade launcher's secondary fire.
At first i thought it was a grenade launcher too, but if you watch closely you see that it does not shoot a projectile, but rather a stream of energy that lights the guy on fire.

Originally posted by Wesisapie
i haven't seen this video, someone host/link to it please?
i got it from kazaa, someone earlier found it by searchin google, if you want i can give you the file name and you can search for it that way
you will probly find it.

It won't let me play the gamespot video in quicktime or windows media player.How do I get it to work?

Originally posted by spamboo
i havent seen the vid, but does he scream? 'cuz if he does that reminds me of red faction 1, where you can throw a satchel charge oh the workers and they will run around screaming, waving their hands in the air till you blow them up.
very, very, very funny in a sick kind of way.

Yeah he did scream, but it sounded like .. a zombie :| Is it just bad sound in the video, or does it suggest something else?

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Yeah he did scream, but it sounded like .. a zombie :| Is it just bad sound in the video, or does it suggest something else?
I think that they are placeholders, as someone else has said, they are the exact same zombie sounds from original hl.
Edit: plus at the end you hear him speak, sayin hold it htere or whatever, since that scene is scripted then they will have the actual voice. So im almost positive the zombie sounds are placeholders.

They better be placeholders. Valve goes through 5 years of work to use the same sounds. THAT makes sense...

Originally posted by guinny
They better be placeholders. Valve goes through 5 years of work to use the same sounds. THAT makes sense...
Ah no worries, hl2 already has surpased my expectations, an ive only seen the build from last sept or whatever. so hl2 will own everythin in its path.

in another part of the E3 vid when he grabs the raidator off the wall and shoots it at the guy at the top of the stairs he screams like a badass alien in some pain. Harsh

Originally posted by FiShEh
in another part of the E3 vid when he grabs the raidator off the wall and shoots it at the guy at the top of the stairs he screams like a badass alien in some pain. Harsh
Sounds like the same 'zombie-scream' as the other vid. Must be a placeholder. Agreed.

eerrrrmmmmmmm does it not look rather like a flare that he fires from that gun??

looks like it to me and someone has mentioned it before. The way is stick in and then flares up just looks similar to scenes in films with flare guns etc.
although its a rather big gun for it unless thats just an auxillary fire or something

Kam

Hmm, I'm starting to think it is some kind of energy gun, too. The ammo has circular "glowing" sections that indicate it could be a form of energy.

Yeah, it looks like an energy weapon, but at Planet Half-Life(site)-they said it was a grenade launcher.

Originally posted by djkanuk
Sounds like the same 'zombie-scream' as the other vid. Must be a placeholder. Agreed.

And lets not forget when the Vid is from. Even now its likely that a lot has changed since then.

I agree with the placeholder idea, but I don't think Valve will be changing the sounds of aliens we saw in HL1 .. thats wouldn't be right. They might record new, higher-quality version, but they are generally gona sound the same.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
We REALLY need a sticky thread with linsk to all the videos. :)

Yes you do! OMG! I never saw that video before until just now. WOWEEEE!!! Is there any more of those? I only saw the E3 teaser, and the E3 presentation video.

i think that's all of them,

the large e3 video is missing one scene, with spinning blades and tentacle

But let's hope that all changes later today. More scenes. More videos. Maybe a few more screenies.

yep, i'm really interesting to see the spanner in the works scene (if it shows up)

it was mentioned in the very early previews

well as many other things(flying platypus-thing :p) this weapon puzzles me....

I don't think it's a pure energy weapon, since there seems to be an arch to it's firing pattern....it doesn't seem logic(yes I know you really can't apply logic to fictive weapons but...) for an energy weapon to have a arched firing pattern especially not at such small distances(you'd think it would be able to fire straight at a greater distance)

and I don't think it's an ordinary grenade launcher either...notice that the first round misses but there doesn't seem to be any big explosion or the like...it seems that it leaves a small burn mark on the ceiling behind the combine soldier.....

right now what it closest resembles to me is actually something along the line of a FLARE-GUN(as somebody else also mentioned) but it has be some kind of special flare-gun since it seems much larger and more advanced. although this is pure speculation...I think that maybe, although it doesn't seem to do a lot of splash damage, it's not supposed to be used on single personal. the weapons seems too big to be used to just that...and by the size(I know you shouldn't be judging by size but...) it seems to be alot more powerfull than what we might see from this video. what I'm thinking is that it might actually be some kind of anti tank weapon(we've seen APC and also concept art of what seems to be an actual tank...so it's possible they will make an appearance as opponents)...well I think it might be an anti-tank/personal carrier/whatever-gun...firing energy charged slugs. the slugs being armor piercing...actually like a smaller and more handy version of some of the antitank weapons used today, where slugs first detonates after having penetraded the hull....combine this with it being incendary(sp?) you'd have a great weapon for disabling armored vehicles.

it might also simply have been developed to deal with zombies and some of the other alien life forms.

of course this is all guess work.

i dont really care what it is, im just really glad there's a weapon that can set things on fire! i'm hoping you can burn wooden structures and plants. maybe you could create a big barricade of fire to prevent enemies from reaching you. this is gonna be soo swweeeet!!

Back