Natural Selection 2: The First IN GAME shots

Same. I actually thought I should post in this thread when I got the email, but Rav beat me to it. :(

Same. I actually thought I should post in this thread when I got the email, but Rav beat me to it. :(

I knew my thread would have been bumped when I logged in. I just KNEW it.

I'm always slow to post something new, so I expect people to beat me every time.

Just pre-ordered the special edition. First time I've ever pre-ordered any game, forget the fact that it's the special edition.

Is there any ETA on when it will go gold?

The game that is, late 2010?

Is there any ETA on when it will go gold?

The game that is, late 2010?

No info on the official site (not even on the pre-order faq) when it will be released, except for the 'fall 2009' in the teaser trailer.

No info on the official site (not even on the pre-order faq) when it will be released, except for the 'fall 2009' in the teaser trailer.

Well, that got hugely delayed :p

They were hoping to get alpha out by the end of this year for special edition folks, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Hopefully everything happens next year, and this time next year we can all be playing NS2!

Mappers have already been able to whip up some pretty awesome-looking maps (OK, parts of maps at least) in just a few days or, as in some cases, just a few hours. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff they will be able to create when they put the time and effort needed into it.

Check out this thread for awesomeness: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=108129

Keep in mind, though, that some of the guys posting there have been testing the editor for a while now.

Heh, funny 'teaser' or whatever, loved the detail when in first-person perspective, just seeing that tongue roll around.

lol. so gorge's can surf down stairs now? also obvious fade shadow at the end.

The gorge video was posted on April 1st, so I think the devs were just having a spot of fun.

Yeah, the Gorge Slide thing was always a "I wonder if we should put that in" but in a lot of joking manners. I think it would be SO CUTE OH GOD.

Also, yes that was the Fade. Mmmmmm. I can't wait to get my hands on the Engine test. Just to play in the game again would be so awesome.

I want this game so badly... not because I think it's the most amazing thing ever... but because I *KNOW* I will get tons of value out of it if it's as good as part 1... and if it's better? well then... that's all that needs to be said. I played the hell out of NS1.

Played through the two ranges, looks pretty good though I am getting frame rate issues. Lack of music and footstep sounds are eerie.

God damn it.
It's only for people who preordered?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

To hell with NS2, bring back Sven Co-Op 2!!!!!

Some screenshots
ns22010041010031596.png

ns22010041010022320.png

ns22010041009591855.png

ns22010041009585472.png

Reminds me of Quake 4/Doom 3... Not sure that's a good thing.

20, 11, 8, 12? I hope that's not framerate...

Those are the points you get (one for each target).

Frame rate is usually in the 40's - 60's on highest settings, which is great considering this is just an engine test, and isn't even alpha yet really (at least, not what we're playing!).

Those are the points you get (one for each target).

Frame rate is usually in the 40's - 60's on highest settings, which is great considering this is just an engine test, and isn't even alpha yet really (at least, not what we're playing!).

Wow, good. I can't wait for this game.

So far movement/looking feels rather bloated and my FPS is fairly abysmal on my medium-high end laptop. The art direction is rock solid and I'm psyched for the game none the less, just hope it feels a little more weighty and interactive like Valve's tech by the time it launches.

Back